Anyone used those water absorbant crystals before?

Just a couple Q's before I use them for my first outdoor grow here in dry ol' WA. I've got a small pack of them but the packing text doesnt answer these questions

1 - how long do they generally last? Could I get away with watering each plant just once every 4 weeks with say 3L of water?

2 - it says to use 1 teaspoon per 5 litres of compost (or something like that anyway), should i double or even triple that to make it last longer? (does more quantity = more duration?)

I know that some pot plants can be grown in 100% water crystals (the crystals are often coloured for effect), but I'm not sure about cannabis plants - might be an interesting thing to try with a Lowryder

:P I think they are a fucking brilliant product.

1 - how long do they generally last? Could I get away with watering each plant just once every 4 weeks with say 3L of water?

B) Sorry though NotDave they are not a mirricale product. Your plants will need more water than 3ltrs a month anyhow but the crystals will take up any excess water from the soil (ie soak the ground each watering if u can ) and u can definatly reduce the times u have to water. once every 4 wks is possible when they are small but I doubt it will be enough once they start to get a bit of size about them.

2 - it says to use 1 teaspoon per 5 litres of compost (or something like that anyway), should i double or even triple that to make it last longer? (does more quantity = more duration?)

B) Best bet is to mix a few sample mixes. The more crystals the soil will hold the better. But u can obviously go overboard. Had a mate who mixed them into pots, when the crystals expanded they pushed the plants up out of the soil.

B) You might find this site interesting. http://www.yates.com.au/commercial/product...t/Rainsaver.asp

:( Good luck I hope this helps.

:) :) :toke: