growing marijuana

tayla

hey guys,

im growin my first weed plant and i was wondering if you would be able to give me some tips to keep it alive. its about 2 weeks old, maybe 3, and at the moment, its only a stalk wit two leaves but it has 2 flat leaves too, its weird, but is that normal? iv never grown a plant before, and its still in a tiny pot, but when should i plant it in the garden and how often should i water it, i need lots of advice, also, i was told if, when the base starts sprouting leaves, to cut them back and they will grow back bushier, is that true?

i just need lots of tips, i will get a photo of my plant and also, how can i determine its sex and can i stop it becoming male?? please help!

edit by SSkunk: ... no need for email adresses... use the PM function...

hey there

first of yes your plant does sound normal as this is how they start out 2 tiny leaves then 2 bigger single leaves then 2 bigger tripple leaves and so on

now it is coning close to planting time for outdoors but if i was u i would let it get abit bigger inside first befor going outside thats if you have a good light to put it under

with ya water i would do it every other day and only a small amount to keep the soil moist but not drenched

wit ya base leaves i would not worrie with cutting them back as its ya first time concentrate more on keeping the plant alive and feeding it well and keeping the insects away from it

now with sex this is a hard one but the best way is to wait untill it shows its sex usually around the 6th node and it should look like either of these pics

med_gallery_7211_105_49790.jpg

and unfortunalty there is no sex change opperation for weed plants yet so if you get a male thats just unfortunate thats why most people pop about 3 seeds so there chances of getting a female are better

although i have heard of solutions that you can soak ya seeds in to greatly increase ya chances of a female but hey i say dont mess with nature if its a male then its a male if female then great

cheers and good luck with the rest of ya grow

ps next time put this type of thread into the Growing Information / General Q/A section

:scratchin:

G'day Tayla ,

Good to hear your growin and Good Luck with It o.k.

:peace:

Can't really add too much more to what these guys have already said ,

Just look around thru the Forums , and feel free to ask any Questions here.

Oh yeah , And if you got a cam and can post some Pics here , that will help make it easier to give advice.

Cool.

:toke:

Have fun.

Budman :doh:

:thumbsup:

hey mate...i found tha more ya read, sometimes tha more confusing it is..and theres heaps ta read on here.....just work on the basics first....dont overwater...dont put heaps and heaps of nutrients into them(use what they say on tha bottles)....dont have your light too close....and make sure ya got a decent fan suckin air out of there (if your in a cupboard)...look after those and the plant should look after itself...you can read all ya want...but till ya do it, thats when ya learn tha most i reckon....my 2 cents B)