n00bie starting a grow, all help needed!

Its been 2 weeks since they germinated and they've only grown probably 5 cm's tall... and its quite weird seeing other pro's in their forth day they're like 10+ cms tall... I've only been watering just normal water, should I be using nutes? The leaves are turning yellow... ill take some pictures soon and post them... i need serious help starting myself off... how far should the hydro lights be from the plants?(roughly) and how much light should they see? 18/6?

if you only have the 600w HID for lighting i would have it atleast 3ft away from the seedlings so you dont fry them or anything...600s are very strong, ie. they put out lots of light and heat so you have to make sure that if you do use it that the light is far away enough to prevent any light burn or heating issues.

if you are growing in a mix of coco and perlite, you need BIG pots for growing otherwise the plants will get rootbound very fast :toke: i have found that you should have a pot about as big as you want the plant above ground, ie. if you want a plant thats 2ft x 2ft, get a pot equally as big for them. using smaller pots results in a very reduced yield, the plants start to go yellow from the bottom up and if you intend on recycling the coco having rootbound pots is a bitch to deal with :toke:

one last thing, make sure you are using a coco specific hydroponic nutrient...dont fall for names like canna or dutchmaster, read the labels and make sure its designed for growing in coco before buying any nutrient because im a coco grower myself and have seen the results of using a nutrient not designed for coco :applause: the plants dont get enough nutes, they look pale and sickly, dont yield nearly as much as they should, etc. but when using the proper nutes, coco is one of the best mediums to grow is :thumbsup:

About 25 C. is good, rootbound means the roots don't have enough space to grow which causes congestion.

Canna do have a specific coco nutrient. check out canna at http://www.canna.com/. I use the complete canna range with great results... Rhizotonic, Cannazime, PK-13 and veg&flores. I order all my gear from http://users.bigpond.net.au/nutriflo/

best of luck with all

moKing

hey there mate

next time around i would get ya self a small 2ft fluro and run ya seedlings under that on 24hr light this will get them to a nice size befor putting them under a 600w and yeah u sound like you need to get some big pots as getting root bound definatly sucks

anyway best of luck for the future

cheerz