transplanting dramas

hey guys

ive done it this time

i got 2 x bubblegun and 2 x m6o all livin together in the 1 15 ltr tub

i have sx and they are 2 x girls and 2 x boys

now they need to be seperated, but i imagine i have roots intertwined with each other all over the shop

i dont really care much 4 the boys but the girls are so beautiful

i want to seperate them and move em to bigger pots

ill throw ythe girls in a 30-0mm pot toghether

now guys wats my best approach to this dramas

i was thinking a rooty soak to seperate then maybe try to save as much girl roots and pot em up

any1 else got any ideas

thanks in advance for the ideas guys

peace

billo

post-8244-1156549145_thumb.jpg

post-8244-1156549236_thumb.jpg

well i wouldn't have had them all in there to begin with :wacko:

but what i would do personaly is slap myself for putting them all in there to start with then i would chop the males off as close to the soil as i can and fuck them off

then i would soak all da roots in some water and repot i dont think it gonna matter if there are any roots from the males left over as they will die off within a few days

cheerz

nice looking plants by the way

:wacko:

Hey Billo ,

Some more nice lookin little plants ...

Yeah man , No worries ... They should seperate very easily as they are still only fairly small.

So get those babies in their new homes quicksmart man. Go on now ... What you waitin for ... :toke:

:peace:

Oh yeah , and just be careful as you can man ...

Transplanting doesn't have to result in any shock In my experience :toke: Well maybe a couple of hours , But nothing you would really notice.

O.k. Good luck withem ..

Seeya later

:toke:

Budman :peace:

:peace: I've never had a problem in this situation, just water a couple of hours befor u transplant and give them a good water after u transplant (which should be done just before dark) The only shock I've noticed was a few days slowed growth. :peace:

:toke: By the way do u get any prob going from under lights to outdoors. I find I get alot of leaf burn untill they get established ? any ideas ? :wacko:

mongy man

i dont just dump em out in the open sun

i build it up for them leave em in the shade and introduce em to a couple of hours of full sun daily increasing daily.

within a week , 9 days they are ready to go into ground

hope it helps

peace

bpa

thanks guys for the relpys

i ended up just wiggling the boys out and now its just the 2 girls but ill ber singling them out in about a fortnight

i just aint got the room at moment

cuts are a good idea wdc thanks man may yet do it just to save space

thanks again guys

bpa

Don't be over worried about tearing a few roots off, you'll be lucky if you notice and slow down of growth.

I recently had to move 16 plants in a 1.2m square E & B tray by myself because of security issues (Neighbour 16yr old kid was getting too curious about what was behind the closed study door damn nosey prick). Of course the plants being about a month old at the time had a bed od interwoven roots covering the whole tray between the pots but having no choice I just tore them apart then jammed them all into crates while I moved the tray and stand as well as the res and all the electrical stuff then set it all back up in another room that no visitor would walk by. 6 hours later I had everything setup again and the plants were looking a bit sad and sorry but by the next morning were looking better than ever and never even slowed in growth (noticably anyway).

These things are weeds and grow like em, they are a hell of alot tougher than you'd think. About the only time I wouldn't risk this is if they were in flower, mainly because I'd be worried about any stress causing hermies.