milky nutrient

Im using nefarious nutrient ,I have a wierd problem If premix my nutrient and let it sit over night it takes on a milky opaque appearance if put it into my rezy within a couple of hours it stays clear???????????

Last night I flushed and was left with about 30-40 litres of nutrient this morning the nutrient not in the system was opaque .But the nute in the system was nice and fresh looking .

All I can put it down to is that the unused nute is not heated and would get pretty cold of a night.

is it fully diluted in the bucket?

Are you sure its not just refection off salt particals when a res is lit up?

Ive seen milky undiluted nute "single parts" but in res or fully diluted doesnt sound right, maby a reaction to something else you mixing with. If you are using additives try to stick with same brand as nute really reduces chance of bad reactions .

i had problem a while back when i washed res with ordinary cleaning products, peroxide is a much better choice of cleaner and washes off easily unlike bleach.

Check ec and PH again hours after mixing to be sure you within limits, do you have any salt build up at base of res? .

Edited by thc24

Possibly the container is contaminated. Give it a good thorough wash out and cleaning.

pH adjustment should be done before adding nutrient, and then rechecked afterwards to fine tune. Otherwise you could end up precipitating out nutes at high pH levels in raw water...

Are you using any additives like silika which would possibly cause some probs there?

I mix up 2x 60 litre containers to aprox 1800 E C I then calibrate the ph down to 6.3 . I transfer about 80 litres in my rezy its heated to 26 degrees and looks nice and clear the next day and stays that way .

The nute left in the containers takes on an opaque appearance .If you like I will attempt a picture.?

Edited by eternity

I havent got an aerator or heater in my mixing vats but my rezy in my grow room has a heater and an aerator.Is it possible that the cold could be having some effect I do use silica but even without silica it takes on the same opaque appearrance .Maybe its just me being overly cautous

from what you ve said eternity im thinking it could be the silica specially if its Budlink, i found i got alot better mix when silica added first allowed to mix well 15minutes then add the additives and nutes after one by one. Dilute example say your mixing 100lt res, mix required Budlink for 100lt into a 10lt bucket of water with nothing else mix then pour into your clean 90lt water filled res and mix if you can/ have a spare pump this is ideal for the mixing

Thanks luke Skywalker im still learning something everyday, regarding PH ive been testing after everthing is mixed normally at full strength nute and additive in RO water im getting around 6.0 to 6.2 PH then i ajust down to 5.8 if in veg other wise there is no need for ME to adjust anyfurther.

If i was todo as you say luke would i have dramas with going too low as the canna nute does a very good job at lowering to desired level.

Edited by thc24