Delay flowering

I cut my bud nutes too far back, in response to curling leaves. The leaves didn't uncurl so I assumed the nutes were still too high. 5 weeks into flowering and I have tiny buds. I've had an experienced grower come and see my plants and diagnosed them as being under fed. I only have 3 weeks left till harvest; does anyone know if I can prolong my flowering time by leaving the lights on? If so, for how long? I'd like ot buy some extra time to bulk them up again.

om

First thing you need to do is to fix your problem but yes you can delay the budding....But at a cost

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

Those little buds are made up of lots of little branches growing in a different manor so if you give your plant 24 hrs pure light they will slightly try to grow as branches. they will not suddenly grow and 24hrs wont barely make much difference but it will provide a slight delay.

I have accidently done this late in a bud cycle and found that the buds ended up being light and fluffy to the piont of near ruining the value of them.

This is not good as with mid way buds you can actually create bud clusters that are light and fluffy inside as said creating great homes for mold. The clusters are often buds spread along stem thus drying to near see through buds when dry.

But with young sub 1 inch buds i have been know to do it when they havent grown to the size i wanted as it allows them to get right back into the bud cycle being so young.

This is the same as the but in reverse of the 48hr dark period before turning plants (which i recomend!!!) as the call to turn is actually a chemical that is destroyed by the light conversion process within the plant. Once this chemical gets to a certain level the plant starts to convert to the buding process. i.e. starts to shorten the interval between nodes etc

So to kill this use light and to speed up take away light...