it goes off and on

My light keeps going on and off and it wont stay on for longer then like 2 min what could be the problem its a 250 metal hilide the ballast is inside the light i have no idea has anyone had this problem.

I have a few plants that are like a week or 3 away for bein chopped what should I do with thoes if i cant get this light fixed?

the term is self ballasting....try a new globe and if there is no change then it's not the globe

does it run on a timer? could be the timer is fucked....try a new timer

might be a loose connection in the light (i don't mean the globe)

it's a process of elimination

it sounds like a loose connection or a timer problem but i've never used one of these lights personally so i couldn't tell you

if you can't fix it you can either buy a new light, move them near to a window or move them outside

good luck.

Bundy hopes he helped lol :)

Edited by Bundy

its a 250 metal hilide

I have a few plants that are like a week or 3 away for bein chopped what should I do with thoes if i cant get this light fixed?

:toke: If u can afford one, an HPS (high pressure sodium) light works best for finnishing of the buds I find.

lol They should be fine outdoors if they are that close to finnishing, they might stretch a little but that shouldn't affect the smoko.

:) good luck lol :P :P

hey there

right to fix ya problem i would move ya plants outside get some good music in ya grow room and use it like a strobe light doof doof doof da da doof lol

nah joke anyhoo could be a dodgy globe change it and see or else its the light if thats what it is then yeah i would take ya plants outside and take ya light to a hydro shop and see if the hydro dude can fix it or he will know a good sparky to sort it out for ya

u could also try fluro's to finish the plants off as the sun hours have started increasing again and you wont get 12/12 outside at the moment

cheerz

I dont know about your situation but in my own personal experience with a 1000w MH light, if you are running other things on the circuit, it will do that because there is not enough current (amps) for the light to run.

I ran an extension lead to another power point..

I dont know about yours though it might not be the problem because you only have a 250w light.

My 2 cents.

Sounds like your ballast is faulty sorry to say...

The transformer in the ballast runs hot as it is and being in the shade will only add to it. Transformers when they get a fault they usually have it at running temperature so once the fault happens and you turn it on the tranny heats up and fails at that temp.

If this is the case as i suspect then each time your turn it of and back on it shuts down a bit faster due to the heat in the transformer to start with.

If this is so you could just look for a ballast and run the output to your existing light socket but then i havent seen it and am unsure on the access to it you have (im not even sure if you can get standalone ballasts for them 250's as ive never used them)