FytoFlake or FytoCell

Hey all, thinking of moving on to FytoFlake, just wondered if any one has used it yet, seen a bit written on it and people seem to think its good, thinking of using just FytoFlake or a mix of FytoFlake and coco and maybee some perlite in there as well but not sure yet.

any way if any one used it or knows any thing about if you could let me know it would be most appricated.

some 1 here uses it icant think who???

i made some enquiries at h/shop and the man was honest enough to tell me he himself was having a ph problem that he was negotiating with the fytocell people. he said he wouldnt sell it to me untill he was able to get the problem sorted.

i guess he was adecent bloke who believes in service and return buisness.

i too am very interested in the product and ill ring him tomorrow for an update and i will post again

stay safe

peace

bpa

cheers, i noticed that nutriflo stocks it at the moment, i also read that it is very good for airation and that a 60% coco 20% perlite 20 fytoflakes, is a very good mix for airation and holding water, any how i think i might bite the bullet and give it a go.

will let you know how it goes when i get it underway.

tried a couple of bags - one big problem in my setup though.

filled the 50lt bags with solution and allowed to sit 24hrs. then put in crop box and cut holes with stanley knife for drainage. well what do u know it pisses out. runs back into the rez and makes a big mess! so unless you have a pot sock you cant use the fytoflake bags in a crop box setup.

way i got around it is putting a grodan slab of 75 mm on the bottom then 75 mm of fyto on top. not ideal but atleast can try it out.

I switched from coco to fytcell after doing my own comparrison with excellent results. Fytocell plants grew faster and yeilded more. Only one negative, fungas gnats luv it. I solved that problem with these lil beautys

http://www.biologicalservices.com.au/hypoaspis.htm

Apart from that, I've found fytocell to be an excellent medium. I use it in a run2waste system and water it the same as i did with coco. I use a pot sock with an inch or two of diatomite on bottom. Could also you hydroton.

yep i worked out teh hard way that you need a pot sock! otherwise it may block your draims, pump etc!

fytoslab would be interesting - would be good if they made it same size as standard grodan slabs though. atm its only in the thinner size commonly used in commercial greenhouses. fytoslab is solid unlike the flake/cell