My Grow 2006

So after a failed attempt at growing last year i figured this year it would be different. I started with some bag seed. After geminating them i stuck the seedlings in small plastic cups. I had them growing at a friends house in a hot closet with not much airflow and in some shitty soil so that might be why most of them died off. After about 3-4 weeks i moved the surviving ones to bigger pots (8 inch). Most of the plants seem to be looking shittty but there is one plant that i really have faith in. About 2 weeks ago, about 2 1/2 months after starting the plant, i decided the person who was watching over my plants was not doing a very good job. I moved them outside to a nice open area in some woods close to my house. Its about the 3rd month and i think moving the plants from 24 hour light cycle to outside triggered em to start flowering because I noticed what i think to be some pistals growing out of my plant which is now about 2 ft. now but I can't positivly say so. Hopefully the plants start to reveg but im not sure if thats going to happen this late in the season. While checking up on my plants today, i noticed some brown spots on the fan leaves of my plant which has got me a little bit worried because i'm not quite sure what it could be. I've looked through the site and don't see anything that resembles it except. Anyways i noticed the plant was rootbound so moved it to a 12 inch pot and hope to have some pics up tomorrow. Any questions and comments about what the brown spots might be would be helpful. Also any ideas if this plant will go into reveg?

checked on the plant today and apparantly the hot pepper spray i made to keep bugs off didn't help 1 bit. There are mysterious white spots on the leaves which i have no idea what it is and i've been trying to get pictures of but the camera malfunctions everytime but i will have them soon. Also tested PH which was 4.5, gave the plant some hydrated lime to attempt to raise the PH. Also noticed there are alot of ants in the soil :-\. Will a simple insecticide rid of these annoying little buggers? Edited by S4mm1ch

Hi S4mm1ch,

Plants look like they are comming along ok.

As for the pests I use a preventitive application of white oil or garlic oil/spray.

Here is a receipy gor the garlic spray.

Garlic Spray - Do It Yourself Pest control

Three large cloves of crushed garlic

1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

One teaspoon of liquid soap

One litre of water

Combine the garlic and vegetable oil and leave to soak overnight. Strain and add to the litre of water along with the liquid soap. Spray regularly. Garlic in known for its antifungal and antibacterial properties, but it is its insect repellent qualities that most keep the pest away.

White oil recipe

Mix together 1 cup (250ml) of cooking oil, 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid (most are ok) and 1½ cups (375ml) of water. Dilute this mixture at a rate of 6 teaspoons (30ml) per litre of water for spraying.

If you use this white oil on orchids or ferns dilute the spray to 3/4 strength and do not spray when the temperature is above 25°C. :toke:

white oil can also be used for "powdery mildew" which is a fungal disease that affects a wide range of plants. It is one of the easier diseases to spot, as its symptoms are quite distinctive. Infected plants will display white powder-like spots on the leaves and stems. The lower leaves are the most affected, but the mildew can appear on any part of the plant that shows above the ground. As the disease progresses, the spots get larger and thicker as massive numbers of spores form, and the mildew spreads up and down the length of the plant.

Milk fungicide: One part of full-cream milk to 10 parts water. Mix well and it's ready to use, cover every part of the plant, both sides of the leaves and the stems. :bow:

Take care, too much milk in the mixture can promote sooty mould

Just added some more soil to my plant because the roots were starting to show. I also just sprayed my plants down with a little dish soap/ water mixture but looks like its going to rain. Will this wash off in the rain and need to be reapplied? Also i've looked at pics of powdery mildew and i cannot tell if thats what it is. What it looks like is when you sweat in a black tee shirt and when it drys it turns whiteish. There is no texture to it as it looks like the leaves are just discolored. The white spots for the most part seem to be a circular shape. Really hoping to be able to snap some pics tomorrow.