My flowering area is filtered by a mountain air carbon filter so smell isn't a prob there, however my veg area is open and unfiltered and while the plants don't get a real strong smell I'm using DutchMaster nutes and additives which are great products but the stench is a bit much lol Is there anything I can do to eliminate it, it's not housewide or anything that bad but it's not nice being in the same room at least at first until you get used to it.

First up, what exact nutes are you using? (Dm Original, Advanced, One...) And what additives.

How old are the nutrients.

I am currently using the DM advance, and they do have a fragrance, I must admit. I'm not sure quite how to describe it, but it's... distinct. Not necessarily unpleasant, but not pleasant either... Sweetish?

Anyway, you could always have a little air purifier in the room. Little ioniser/hepa filter/fan thingies... you can get em at department stores I think... that would probably clear it. You could also run a second carbon filter as a carbon scrubber, where the air inside the room is simply cycled through a filter at a low rate and allowed to exit into the same room. This is effective, but you probably don't want to have to do that.

Another possibility is air-freshener of some sort. You can get auto-spraying ones...

Or change nutes if it's that bad. Do the nutes look okay visually? No obvious contamination? Could you describe the smell in a bit more detail?

I'm using Advanced and the entire range of additives except for superbud and max fx. As for a description of the smell man that's a hard one, it's fairly stron when first mixed but after a couple of days either I've gotten used to it (I'm in the same room alot, it's my home office) or it's faded, but it was kind of like a cross between rotten fruit and seaweed. I was thinking of incense or a masking agent as it does appear to fade a fair bit so it wouldn't take alot to mask it once the initial smell has weakened. Edited by 420Downunder

Try using something like nilodor, a little bottle of deodoriser, really good for situations like that.

Or those autospray room perfume thingies... Should do the trick.

An old home remedy for smells is to put an open bowl of vinegar in the room, leave it for a couple of days and bobs your uncle. Personally it just smelled of vinegar, but after the room was aired out it had certainly removed the smell of tobacco where I had smoked...