HPS Heat?

Hey guys,

I have a 250 watt Metal Halide Light in my room, my plants are in veg but i have ran out of room to move my light up in my cupboard, so the plants are getting a bit close to the light dont want them to bbq. So my question is if i get a 250HPS is the heat that comes off them much less? or is there a better way to deflect the heat?

thanks.

yes the HPS is hotter. definetely.

you should use ties to keep them trained. so they dont get closer than 30cm to the light. 250w want give off much heat, so 30cm could be ok.

or install a net and SCROG so you dont get past a certain height.

or you can use a PGR (eg rockjuice) which will halt the height immediately at that point. and they will bud.

easiest way to train (tie em) is to grab each stem thats getting too high and turn it back on itself. so it resembles a U turn. then use a wire tie to hold it in place. the stem will grow back around, but it will take time and force other stems to grow up. you can keep training em all.

its easier to draw than explain, but i think you know what i mean