extra compost in indoor soil grow.

hwdy guys and gals. doin my first indoor soil grow. actually using Eikel's indoor soil grow guide which is great. and gotta agree. plants look a lot better in soil. anyway, in that guide it says to use an extra compost with the soil. I'm using a soil mix with dynmic lifter already in it. using fish kelp, powerfeed and liquid polash as my nutrients. I did have mushroom compost, but said on the back it wasnt to be used indoors. So wonderin if I need any extra compost? and if I do, what can I use next time? Cheers..

unfortunatly he aint online a great deal but if ya growing in soil ya can not use compost and just use premixed nutes instead i did a few soil grow in my time and just used plain potting mix and feed them nutes and worked out really well so that another option for ya but yeah would also have a chat to eikel if ya cant catch him try msg'ing him he will get back to ya when he can

cheerz

... but if ya growing in soil ya can not use compost ...

Why's that mate?

I'm only on my first indoor grow, but haven't had any probs with using nuthin but compost & compost teas(an dolomite for ph oc).

Compost teas brewed with a bubbler are loaded with beneficial microbes that combat many common pests & diseases.

So far I've had no pests/disease and the plant is very healthy.

Apart from a few cents for lime and the electricity costs, this grow has cost nothing :peace:

Just wonderin why you wouldn't reccomend compost in a soil grow?

:peace:

thanks for the feedback guys. Reason I asked was some of my leaves have been pointing towards the ground at the tips. And also nearly all the leaves feel really dry..like paper. Its come up in another question I asked that it might be overwatering and the light being a bit too close. But I had the mushroom compost there, so I thought I'd ask. I guess the common mistake is overwatering/nutrients. I read heaps about it, but different when ya actually watchin your own plant for the signs.. cheers again.

I guess the common mistake is overwatering/nutrients. I read heaps about it, but different when ya actually watchin your own plant for the signs.. cheers again.

lol All true. they were the biggest problems I had when starting.

lol If in doubt dry them out is a good rule of thumb in soil.

lol A bit of vermicast ( which is worm poo , most garden centers sell it ) mixed in with the potting mix works really well to .

lol good luck with it anyway bro....