curly.dry leaves

hwdy. regular reader, but need help. started my first indoor soil grow. goin great, but have the tips of some leaves curling down and the leaves feel pretty dry. My first thought was the light was too close. so i put that up higher. Reading through the archives it could be an iron deficency. To help that, the info. says to set PH to 6.5. But doesnt say to set the water to 6.5, or check the soil ph. If I add water adjusted to 6.5, will that adjust the soil ph to 6.5??My first soil grow so kinda wingin it. Ta guys..

post-6904-1154250186_thumb.jpg

it sort of seems like you havent got enough drainage.. those leaves pointing down like that looks to be overwatering...

as with the tips being dry... not sure... it could be nutrient difficiency...

whats the soil youre growing in like?... have you been using any ferts??

as for setting the ph... yes that should work... whats the ph now?? ph can be with in 5.8-6.8 with out too many issues...

hey SukonmiSkunk. i'm usin the dynamic lifter mix soil. they r in pretty big pots so i got a decent layer of clayballs on the bottom. I stick a finger down in the soil a fair bit ta suss what the soil feels like. always feels ok. never super wet although they r in big pots. ferts i've been using r: fish kelp every week. powerfeed fertilizer durin veg, and now liquid potash for flowering. 2nd week into flowering .

In refence to the PH, do I check the soil ph somehow, or do i adjust the water I'm using, and the soil just adjusts that way. I might cut back on the water. good start. thanks again

hey tom. sorry mate. I have got bout 30% perlite mixed in with the soil. maybe I'm forgettin that would hold a fair bit of water in the medium for a few days. I've lifted the light, amd i"m not gonna water it for a few days and see what it does. when I do water it, i'll ph adjust it. thanks again guys