need some advice please

hi i want to start doing hydrophonics because soil growing hasn't got me anywhere. now my question is this. is hydrophonics any good and how long does it take to grow etc and what do you all need> i have a 600 w light with cannapy and foil but not sure if i need a fan ect? could you tell me also if this way is ahrd or what to expect?

nah you can make hydro pretty simple it doesn't need to be complicated.

for example you can use a mix of perlite and vermiculite in normal pots and hand water them once a day.

yes you need an extraction fan for fresh air, temperature and humidity control.

growing time depends on the strain. An average grow from seed for indoors is probably 3-4 months. From clone about 2 months.

you just need to do a lot of reading and educate yourself on the different hydro systems you can set up and see which one might suit you.

Hydroponics is somehting that can be as complex or as basic as you want it to be , just have to make those decisions for yourself , a mix of coco/perlite is a great mix for a person really wanting to not have to do all that much or it can be great for an automated system .

In one way you can do a mix of say 70% coco and 30% perlite , this mix will hold a fair bit of water and would be good for a person that wanted to hand water every few days , however you could also go with a 50% 50% mix and water as often as three times a day in an automated run to waste type system as I do ( you ofcourse water less than you do in one big watering )

somehting else I find with coco and other potting mixes is that the run off isn't the best when the water gets to the bottom of the pot, so I would advice some sort of rocks in there , for instance clayballs work great , or even a broken clay pot

as for lighting that 600w will cover you , and that just leaves fans and nutrients in the essential collum , For fans you will need an exhaust and also an osolating fan to move the air around your room , a place for fresh air to get in is also essential however this can be achived through passive intake ( a hole ) or it can be achived through a fan , if you use a fan , be sure that it pumps in less air than your exaust sucks out as this will give you the slight negative pressure that you want to keep smells from leaking out of area's you don';t want them too

nutrients are important aswell but there is such a variety to choose from , personaly I use canna as my base nutrients and I use a few additives , my personal reccomendation is to use a nutrient made for our purpose , however thats not saying that you can't achive good results through standard plant nutrients , provided you learn about what you plant needs

As already said hydro can be as easy or as difficult as u wanna make it but no need to get too full on for ya first few grows i would simply use ya 600w and as already suggested a mix of perlite and vermiculite and hand watering can be an easy and very effective way to start so could coco.

now depending on the size of room or wardrobe that u are gonna use u may need a extraction fan for the 600w as they can produce abit of heat but get back to us with more info in regards to the type of room and we can help ya out

cheerz and welcome to the happy land of hydro :peace: