Silver or Black ducting?

I am in the process of buying ducting.

I have picked out some stuff from hydro aqua pet but cannot decide between the following.

First there is this ducting which is black on the inside but silver on the outside. It looks at though it has no wire to keep it in shape but it is alot cheaper (I save $20).

Here is a picture of the first type I speak of.

post-6668-1153282541_thumb.jpg

The second type is black on the inside and on the outside as well. Other than that it seems to be the same except it looks as though it has wire support coils in it.

post-6668-1153282639_thumb.jpg

Please tell me if it's worth spending the extra for the black/black ducting as opposed to buying black/silver ducting.

What are the pros and cons of each type?

Hey guys don't know if this helps much but i'll add it anyhow!

I've recently been helping out with installing central heating and the ducting that comes with it is the silver stuff with wire supporting it. This stuff is tuff as shit and would be well tough enuff for ventilation for a grow room. Another good thing, especially regarding heat removal (or containment) is that the duct comes wrapped in a cotton-wool sheath and then a plastic cover over the whole lot, thus preventing heat transfer (from the inside to the outside of the duct) via conduction, convection and radiation...

I have myself been wondering about black or silver tho, as I'm thinking bout using coolshades and don't want the ducting thats hooked up to the reflector to carry the light outside... I suppose giving the duct a loop may reduce it, but that silver shit is highly reflective (great for keeping heat inside the duct, but at the same time carrying the light along too...)!

Anyhow, I hope someone got some info out of this..

Also, where can you pick up the black ducting, as I haven't seen it in catalogues before...?

Cheers

heh

there are plenty of companies that make the outside silver and the inside black , personaly speaking every silver peice of ducting i have used has been black on the inside not silver ,

stonedstump it doesn't look like it has wire in it but I have used that ducting before and it works well if your after something thats cheap and effective , however it's not somehtign i would reccomend putting up and takign down over and over as good tape will straip away some of the silver , personaly I have never had it rip on me fully but i am sure if you whree rough enough it would

there is no question that the black stuff is more durable , but If your gonna spend a bit on ducting I would be looking at some acoutsic ducting

Make sure whatever ducting you go with that you pull it as taught as possible to make a smooth tube for the air to go down. The more concertina'd the duct the less airflow.

I've seen duct which is silver only, and whilst it is still wire supported, it doesn't offer anything special in comparison to the black plastic stuff. And it's usually more expensive, well, out this side of the nullabor anyway.