Which EC metre should I buy?

Hello everyone

I have decided I'll buy an EC metre before my first grow. I have picked out two from ebay which I'm considering, but I need your expert opinions first please :toke:

Here is the first one which is $50 delivered and seems to be more accurate maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true

Here is the second one which is the classic LED one and it is abit cheaper ($5), I'm thinking it might not be as accurate maybe.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true

And I've just found a third one now which is this one and it's $60 delivered. Appears to be very similar to the $50 one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Can someone shed some light on this topic for me please and give me your opinion on the three metres above.

Thanks in advance :doh: :doh: :P

So some of you have the second LED type meter?

Are they any less accurate than the digital ones? If it's a matter of accuracy I will pay an extra 10$ but I don't know how accurate they need to be.

The other two are 2% accuracy and the LED one is 4% accuracy.

The LED one seems to be able to read PPM/CF/EC -- I take it these numbers are all interchangable with one another?

The digital ones I just noticed dont feature all three readings, so that is why I should get the LED one? :P :toke:..

EDIT: hey Pipeman :doh: I meant $5 cheaper than the first one :doh:

Edited by stonedstump

4% is ok, even 10% would be good enough.

The only difference between EC/CF/PPm is the scale factor. EC is the most correct/scientific, PPM is the most popular. You can convert between them by multiplying by a number if you want to.

Hmm okay thanks for that een. :toke:

I might just buy the $60 one, better safe than sorry. Plus it's only $15 more than the cheapest one and I just don't trust anything that uses LEDs to measure.

I won't be purchasing for a couple of days so i'll be keeping my eye on this thread, if anyone has any other suggestions. :doh:

Hmm okay thanks for that een. :toke:

I might just buy the $60 one, better safe than sorry. Plus it's only $15 more than the cheapest one and I just don't trust anything that uses LEDs to measure.

I won't be purchasing for a couple of days so i'll be keeping my eye on this thread, if anyone has any other suggestions. :doh:

i just bought a new bluelab trunchoen on the weekend, very easy to use just stick it in and it lights up what its at easy as. if you sooooo worried its not accurate enough for you you must spend so much time fussing over the littlest thing like spending 2 hours adding nutes drop by drop to get it exact at 1250ppm and not a ppm more. god ya plants dont give a shit, if you checked it throug out the day it will varie so much it will keep you up at night worrying that its out by 50ppm while you are sleeping and not next to it to check it every 2 min.

get the trucheon and start worring about something else and not thast your nutes are exact down to the 1ppm. ok

Edited by torana2000

l o l

I want to get everything right the first time so I do alot of research. I mean, you are talking to a guy who researched the best airstones to buy even.

I have prevented many mistakes in my research too, so it is not wasting my time. I appreciate your responses though, good on ya :toke:

I don't know if I should get the expensive one or the LED one still though.. Are there any growers on here that have experience with different meters that could point me in the right direction please?..:doh: