Hydrogen peroxide

been using the 3% stuff, and has been working a treat on root rot. quite scared at first to use it, :doh: but it's going well. looks like pythoff will play a big part in the next grow. i've heard once you've got it, you must controll it, cause you can never get rid of it. any truth to that :toke:

i heard using it at around 3% is good and you'd know if it was too strong as you'd start to smell it...but i would wait for someone who has actually used it before taking what i say on board :toke:

looks like pythoff will play a big part in the next grow. i've heard once you've got it, you must controll it, cause you can never get rid of it. any truth to that

anything can be killed, infact humans have a long history of wiping things out :doh: but imo you should do what you can to prevent problems coming back so between crops, scrub and sanatise everything with bleach, h2o2, etc. if you make sure everything is nice and clean, chances are you wont get many problems during the grow :doh:

I always steriloize any incoming water etc with Hydrogen peroxide if you dont allow pyth to get in it cant hurt you .

One thing if u have got it rinse the root zone with fongarid .And no matter what anyone tells you never use tank water or dam water true pythium is quite rare because of our chlorinated water suplies however it has become more frequent of late due to the drought. Also dont let your nutrient get too wearm as the warmer it gets the less oxygen it can carry .

I use it all the time as a preventative.

The one crop I didn't I got pythium.

Use it at the rate of 3ml/L for 3% or 3ml/10L for 35%

Best to water within 1/2 hr of mixing in as this is when it is most effective in killing bacteria, also when it will supply additional oxygen particles to the roots.

Would't be caught without it!

Be aware that you should always add Oxyplus or any other H2O2 before you add any organic additives, and stir it well. It is used up pretty quickly though, so within about 15mins it should be fine to add anything that may be harmed by it.

Great stuff, keeps systems clean. But yeah, if you're using tap water it's already chlorinated, so it's something to use during the week of a grow, not necessary initially.

The amount of oxygen it adds isn't that significant, and if this is the main reason for using it I'd just get an airpump and stone.

But as a disinfectant, it's pretty good. If you do get the oxyplus, (which is far and away cheaper than anything else, particularly 3% stuff) make sure you take precautions with it. It's nasty stuff at 50%, and could harm you if you're not careful. I've heard horror stories of people washing hands with it neat, which caused serious injury. If you're careful though you should be fine.