Sun master

I use two 1000 watt S/Masters under a tracker in flowering .My problem is this They are universal popsition globes and I have just been informed that if I run them in the Horizontal pos (which I do )They only give 600 watts per lamp I AM NOT OVERLY IMPRESSED AS THE SHOP i GOT THEM FROM HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN .

The shop I now go to tells me I should really be using Horizontal lamps .

Anyone have any infop on this .?

Ps its good to find a friendly Aussie Site :toke: :doh: :doh:

Do you mean universal light sprectrum?

I've never heard of universal position bulbs, but there other people here with alot more experience than me.

If you mean universal light spectrum you have the same bulb as me. You can use it for veg and flower I believe. I think i'll buy a red globe for flowering though (Yes Metal Halide).

i run 600w metal halide sun master (lucca grow) vertical with a nice large hood use it for both veg and flower, had nothing but good results. used a smaller hood before with horizontal bulb,got almost equal results, just found that i got more light intensity and more equal growth with the vertical hood.

i don't thunk it matters. :toke:

but thats me, keen to see responses.

yea as snowbuds said the reflector will have a bearing on the area / intensity of light cast by the globe, but whether its in the vertical position or horizontal makes no difference IMO

.....i beleive its just a safety issue not to use a vertical globe in any other position whereas the universal is good for either position

:toke:

A Base Up Only bulb may break when used horizontally, but this person who told you this is simply trying to scam you IMO.

They're called Universal for a reason.

Base Up globes do produce marginally more lumens, which is usually reflected in their cost, but the difference is probably small enough to not really matter, and IMHO would be more than made up by having a horizontal rather than vertical shade.