Purple seedlings

hey fellow stoners

couple of weeks ago i received a sticky icky oz of some chronic purple buds and to my delight there where some nice big phat black seeds in amongst the herb so after smokin down the oz i thought i should see if any of these seeds will germ so i soaked a few (3) in a glass of water till they cracked open and i stuck em into a pot of some secret potting mix (baileys soil improver) and they busted the soil and are bathing under 80 watts of flouros, at first they were lookin like any seedling (by the way heavily indicia dominant) then i had to go away for a couple of days and when i returned i was expecting to see some shriveled up little plants but to my surpirse they were still kickin but they looked like they were "burnt" around the edges so i shrugged it off and watered em. a few days later it was raining out side so i thought i would put em outside to soak up some rain and some clouded sun and once outside into the good light i could see that they werent actually burnt but realy purple around the edegest of the leaves and sorta splotched(sp?) around aswell as the first set of round leaves heavily splotched purple. so what do u think is normal for such young plants to be goin purple via genetics or is it a mix of gentics/deficientsy? i cant get photos yet but ill try, also has anyone used baileys soil improver as a soil (no mixing just pure soil improver) it was recomended to me by some old skool growers who swear by the shit. anyway i hope these seedlings at least make it to cloneing stage as i dont have many of the seeds. enough rambling what do youse all think?

Edited by hayzeez

I've never seen purple in the very early stage. Then again I haven't seen much. My first guess would be from cold temperature, especially from the rain as it would have chilled the roots aswell. When the temp drops below 17 - 19 degress celcius it triggers anthocyanin production, which is what gives most plants their purple appearance.

- Rhizo

Want To Know More? Check My Lazy Link ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthocyanin

Edited by Rhizo

I seriously doubt that anyone growing chronic would be silly enough to leave a male around the ladies. I recon what you have is hermie seeds. Tainted genes or it could have been environmental. It’s more likely that the self-pollination that gave you your seed was environmental. In any case you have a female seed mate. The purple is just because its cold bro. What temp is it around your seedling?

Did you actually pull the seeds from the pods on the buds or were the seeds just floating around the bag? A lot of dudes just chuck a couple of seeds in bags. Usually the seeds aren’t the same genetics as the buds they are in the bag with.

Did you actually pull the seeds from the pods on the buds or were the seeds just floating around the bag? A lot of dudes just chuck a couple of seeds in bags. Usually the seeds aren’t the same genetics as the buds they are in the bag with.

seriously, what dealer keeps a stash of seeds and would put them in with their deals? not even growers like getting seedy buds due to the fact the plant could have self seeded or been pollenated with a shitty male ;) people that only smoke weed dont like seeds as they cannot be smoked so why in the fuck would a dealer include a few seeds in every deal? they wouldnt even get 0.1g for 5 seeds :)

so why in the fuck would a dealer include a few seeds in every deal? they wouldnt even get 0.1g for 5 seeds ;)

Seriously mate how long have you been growing? I bet your like a 20yo from some crapy coastal town on the rock and roll been growing for a year or two and think you have it all sused.

What can you tell about me? Well im probably older than you’re farther and have been growing most of that time.

When I cross something and end up with something nice I have a fair few seeds as a result. I don’t just throw them away mate. If I give someone a sample I will throw a few seeds in so if they like it they can grow it.

Just wait until he replies so we can see if he got the seeds out of the actual bud :)

No offense MaC, but if you were my dealer and I knew you were throwing seeds in the bag that werent attached to the buds, I'd be finding another dealer quicksmart, regardless of how good you think your seeds are. If i want to buy seeds I will, if I want to buy dope, I do.

Anyways, this is off-topic so sorry to the OP ;)

Oh, I think your sig is against site rules too btw :)

Seriously mate how long have you been growing? I bet your like a 20yo from some crapy coastal town on the rock and roll been growing for a year or two and think you have it all sused.

if you included every plant i have grown that has been stolen or died, i have been growing for about 5 years, but just under 3 years of decent growing...that was a good guess on my age too, i'll be 21 in a month ;)

but i dont pretend that i know everything, infact if you read through alot of my posts i recommend people wait untill a few more people reply so they can get a more accurate answer :)

there is one thing i would like to point out though which admin can remove if they want ;)

A lot of dudes just chuck a couple of seeds in bags. Usually the seeds aren’t the same genetics as the buds they are in the bag with.
When I cross something and end up with something nice I have a fair few seeds as a result. I don’t just throw them away mate. If I give someone a sample I will throw a few seeds in so if they like it they can grow it.

now you are lucky im not a pigger as not only do i have access to your ip number as a mod of this forum, you just admitted to giving out samples of buds + including seeds :)