Lighting advice for a 90cm high server case grow

I am contemplating a stealth-grow in a 90cm x 45cm x 20cm server case I have lying around the house, and I was wondering what kind of lighting would suit something that size. I had been thinking about using a 150w HPS but I can't find them anywhere and the next closest one is a 250w which is probably way too much heat in such a small area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

might make for a nice clone chamber :peace:

imo there is no point in having an indoor grow that small, even if you only smoke 1g a month :thumbsup: the smallest i would recommend anyone should grow in would be a wardrobe because atleast then you can grow a semi decent amount and use HIDs without the fear of burning your house down B)

might make for a nice clone chamber B)

imo there is no point in having an indoor grow that small, even if you only smoke 1g a month :peace: the smallest i would recommend anyone should grow in would be a wardrobe because atleast then you can grow a semi decent amount and use HIDs without the fear of burning your house down :thumbsup:

If I had that kinda space I would obviously use it. I've read about pc case grows on other forums and while the yield is never amazing, it seems worthwhile and at the very least could keep me buisy.

if i was using that sort of space i would get some lowryder seeds not that im saying these are any good as i aint grown them out yet but in that sort of space thats all i would have a go at get yourself a cheep wardrobe from vinnies cheap as mate

would be heaps better for ya

cheerz

Hi sirino,

A server case is dame restricted.

I've read about pc case grows on other forums and while the yield is never amazing, it seems worthwhile and at the very least could keep me buisy.

Yep me too I've read a few. 90cm x 45cm x 20cm is a test for you.

Would 4 x 18" fluros fit upright (lengthwise) ?

I've also seen some some experementing with LED lights. Good intensithy, reasonable spectrum, minimal heat but expensive and I've seen most "crash and burn" before going into flowering.

Anyway it (will) may keep you out of trouble for a short time.

All the best.

ok well if thats all the space you have, i recommend either getting the lowryder strain if you wanna grow from seed or if you wish to grow from clones, you'll have to flower them straight away...i reckon you should just cram as many 1L pots as will fit, put a cutting in each and flower :thumbsup: could probably get 3 or 4 compact fluros in there so you wouldnt have that much light, but it wouldnt be piss weak and will still probably give you an ounce a harvest, maybe more if you have good genetics B)

http://www.melevsreef.com/fuge_bulb.html

Here is some info on a PC light aquarists use to grow Macro Algae in our systems. We grow Macro Algae to remove nitrogen from our systems and they require sunlight to grow as well. Is the color in the right range for our uses? Would a couple of these work in a small grow area? I don't know if they are available to You folks. I got mine at a home improvement store called Home Depot.

Edited by cracker