Report on a 1st XP with Salvia coccinea...

Well, having in times of recent owning a gnome who bought a salvia coccinea plant from a nursery in aus... :doh: my gnome has been successfully propagating two specimens. One stoned evening, a while back, my gnome had the spur-of-the-moment idea of smoking two half dried leaves that had been removed from the plant. My gnome thinks he had some mild visuals (blobs and swervy lines, he reported)...but one can never be quite so sure with gnomes (especially when they're so stoned :) ).

Soo..

Gnome-of-mine decided a fresh, clean attempt at sally C. would be a wise and profitable notion. Hereforward, is the account of such activities undertaken by him.

Strikethrough, hehe

Salvia coccinea, 1 x 1" leaf, dried, properly and 6 or so little red flowers and their calyx's, mostly dried well.

Through a bong (into lungs lol ) and using a jet lighter cause I read on the net that they are most effective in removing terpenes (the desired, active component in salvia's....also cannabis, i believe :) ).

So, gnomelets report: (and no, my gnome wasn't stoned this time....so, a clean slate/state)

"I 'spose you could call it a minor success...

The bowl went nicely into 2 Romper-sized cones. The inhalation of which - with great added heat from jet lighter - was surprisingly mellow on the lungs.

No cough's, just smooth inhalations and not-2-unpleasant taste/smell.

About 30 seconds (and 2 breaths) between the cones and both hits were held until invisible upon exhalation (ghostied :thumbsup: dunno if was neccesary, but will make it up to lungs later....).

There were little visuals to be spoken of. Some blobular oddities and light, glowing silhouette's of room were noticed with eyes closed (silhouette's of surroundings remained for a few secs after closing eyes, each time).

Once eyes were closed, there was a tentativeness to re-open them. A considerable effort was required to open just one eye, when I later desired a look around.

With closed eyes, depth of thought appeared to increase dramatically. My brain was switched on, as it normally is not. lol

Amidst thoughts...

Connections were made,

Flaws, made obvious

Patterns exposed and

Problems, solved or dissolved.

All this in 5-10 minutes or so (time sorta flew out the window for lunch during exp... :) )

If I had to liken this 'State of thoughts' to something fairly close to it, I'd maybe venture the period of time that can follow a really good sleep or a long meditation (for those, so inclined...) or, most accurately resembling, would be the period of time following an impressive tryptamine experience. (Of course, i am not saying their the same, but comparable, perhaps.)"

All up, enjoyable (btw, there was also, after a few mins, that pleasant, buzzing sensation a good hit of weed can give you; just a numbing/agitating of cannibinoid brain receptors, i'd stab in the dark...). It was taste of fruits to come. More is obviously needed. More people should experiment.... yeah, you get the idea. :)

------------------------------------------------------

*Thanks gnome-friend for all his help, here have a coffee-bean..*

Just for noting: Salvia divinorum is said to contain di-terpenes. Salvia coccinea is reported to contain TRI-terpenes. And I believe that THC is a plain 'terpene'.

I don't claim to know alot about these chemicals and how they work (any would be awesome ;) ), but they all seem Very interesting and very odd in their own unique ways. I would like to pursue all 3 further (...and intend to), but more - quantity and quality - sally C. is probably next on the menu.

Any thoughts on dose, plant parts and chemical make-up, extractions, experiences, reccomendations would be good to know (though, it seems few people try or bother with sally c.).

Also, any comments, queries, criticisms, chronicling or otherwise of the above experience, feel free. I don't claim to know how much may have been a product of my mind, but fuggit! placebo or otherwise, it was worthwhile, beyond doubt.

.../awaits replies :whistle:

Cough, i believe your refferin' to the bullshit laws the govt. recently passed against Sally D. and chemical therein.

Lucky for my gnome's green genitalia, Sally C. contains a different active chem to sally D. :doh: Then there's the whole saga of the govt. actually mis-naming the chemical in the Sally D. laws, so you could argue that in a court case if you really wanted to :whistle:

So yeah, salvia coccinea and a bunch of other active strains (of which there are 10-20 i think) are completely legal, small-growing mint plants with no quims, qualms, fusses or authoritative harrassment surrounding them.

:thumbsup: Enjoy!

well that would make for an interesting argument in court, but i think if you actually got away with growing a field of legal sally the police would fight to make every type of sally totally illegal :whistle:

but fuck em, its legal atm so im assuming there is somewhere i could buy seeds or clones? if so, i'd love to know :thumbsup:

Well, moderate me if i'm outta place linking this here. But I got mine from Shaman Australis Botanicals. (My gnome drove to the nursery in his tractor :whistle: ).

And linkage...Salvia Page @ SAB

There, and if you scroll down to the bottom, you can see the loverly red flowers (w/ purple calyxs :thumbsup: ) down the bottom.

:doh: go crazy, mate (btw, they don't sell salvia D. coz of it's dubious legality and suchforth...)

Edited by Infinitee

As I said, my dwarf drove there (but don't worry, he took good care of 'em :doh: ), but I can tell you I got most healthy plants. Also, from what I have heard from friends and OzStoners' alike, it's a very quality business and no1 i knows had any trouble with 'em. Nice bloke runs it too. :whistle:

But yeah, you might as well order 2 (i'd reccomend 2 :thumbsup: ) coz it'd be crazy not to. Plus, if you can confirm my insane ramblings to some degree, maybe it might pique some interest in this Aussie crew of stoners here.

lol