Room temps

hey there as you may or may not know i have a wardrobe grow happening in my garage and the temps come winter time are starting to get fairly low now i installed a thermometer yesterday and the max temp i got was 24c that was at the tops of the plants and the lowest i got was 5c this was obviously at night and that wasn't even a really cold night (no ice on my car today :applause:)

anyway in have changed me lights to go on at night to see how that goes temp wise im just wondering what you guys try and keep ya temps at?????

thanks heaps

:scratchin:

Try to keep temps above a minimum of 15 if you can, although ideally a day temp of around 20-25 with margin up to 30 or so and down to 15 can grow good plants. If you're having trouble keeping temps up you could run a small heater on a thermostat, or you could insulate the shed to help maintain the temp in there.

Running lights at night is the first step though, and you should time this so that the lights come on at about 8 and off at 8, (in 12/12) to make sure that the coldest part of the day, (the early hours of the morning just before the sun comes up) is compensated for.

I try to keep temps around 25 if I can, but cupboard growing has it's disadvantages when in a shed, as you have a very cold space in winter and a very hot one in summer.

my aim is to get 25c during light on and a swing of 10c from light on to light off.

my grow is in the garage (under house not freestanding shed) and the temps in my room currently run at a max of 28-30c and a min of 13c. this is with the lights on during the night. On at 4pm off at 10am during veg and 7pm - 7am during flower.

go with the lights on at night stoney (imho).

:scratchin:

yeah what i've done is switch them on from 10 to 10 that way i can give them a godd spray with soda befor i go to sleep and another good spray with soda befor i go to work have changed it today so i will have to see what temps it gets to during the day and at night now if still getting low i will atart it at like 7-7 or 8-8 and just spray once a day

cheerz for the help anyone else i would like as much feed back as i can get

well i have the temps in from changing the light cycle the max temp stayed sorta the same at around 22.5c and the min temp went up abit to 11.5c so im happy with that range so im leavin me lights on at night now.

and luke the soda spray gives them extra co2 and seems to do well aint never had a problem with mould or anything like that and also there are a few on here that swear by it mostly ss he sprays with soda and worm castings

cheerz

Soda water is highly acidic, not to mention you'll be stripping the leaves of nutrients if you foliar feed anything, not to mention plain water with some co2 in it, that often.

Mould will become an issue in bud.

I would suggest that you'd likely have happier results if you supplied adequate co2 through good ventilation, rather than trying to suppliment it in an environment where it's not going to be utilised anyway. CO2 supplimentation can only be useful if it's done with an increase in all factors like light, nutrient and temperature. At low temps it would have a negligible effect.

aim for canopy temps of 27 with lights on - although anything b/w 24 to 31 is fine.

with lights off, aim for at least 17, anything less than tha and u get purple stems from the cold. however i have found that if you keep lights off temps above 21 degrees (with a small heater) they love it. the higher temps keeps the humidity down (relative humidity) and also the foliage is a beautiful dark green. i keep them at around 23 lights off - try it and see the difference

What sort of heater can be used to help keep the temp up? I can imagine this will bring up the electric bill if an electric one was used. I am about to go get a digital Themometer as my old one broke but I am thinking the low room temp may be stunting my little ones. Also going t look for an electric thermostat, not sure what heater to get yet any idea's? :thumbsup: