NAME THE GENETICS

Hi all. I got these plants from an old lady out in the country, she asked if I could eradicate the weeds from her large flower bed this is what I found, they been growing and taking over her area for 5 years. She said they get big long seed pods on every year. I allmost fell over when I looked. I dug up 8 females for myself and pulled the rest, told her to call me if they came back next year. :toke: :thumbsup:

post-4481-1151154328_thumb.jpg

post-4481-1151154421_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup: Hey thanks FRAZZLE, I thought they were sat.dom. what I will do is let them get acclamated to the new pots, Then cut the tops off ao they are the same height then put them under 600w in 12-12 right away.Ok now that they have never been fed how many ppms should I start with as I dont want to stress them any more than the transplant did.

:toke: :thumbsup: Thanks again.

lucky bastard :thumbsup: but why would you want to grow them inside considering they are extremely sativa dominate when your mother has had 5 years worth of outdoor crops without any problems? i reckon you should clear out any males and just let the females grow out....i dont think you'd wanna use 3 months of indoor lighting when they would get heaps bigger outdoors + the light is 100% free outside :toke:

Uben, mate you plan sounds ok.....im thinking its not practical for you grow them outside where you are...yea?

So if you are going to put them indoor under lights its probly good to trim them, BUT (yea there's always a but isnt there :thumbsup:) I would give them 2 weeks to recover from pruning before you turn the lights down to 12hrs flowering, for the two simple reasons that pruning them is a stress factor in its self....and once pruned the new shoots need a little time to strenghten themselves in preperation for the weight of the flowers.

As for fertilizing well it seems like they are in soil and perlite....yea? and im not an authority on soil/fertilizer, but i will say 'Bat Guano' , (which is basicly bat shit made into a plant food) is reportedly very good for flowering mj, surely that is available in the US :toke: keeping in mind that that the plants have come out of average or poor soil and mj gets by on surprisingly low nutrient levels when it is genetically predisposed, as these plants have been growing in the same soil for 5 generations

Perhaps some of the outdoor growers here would like to recommend something suitable????

Best of luck with 'em and keep us posted :toke:

EDIT: WDC its not his mothers garden they came from :thumbsup:, besides the old lady doesnt want them in her garden!

:thumbsup:

Hey all thanks for the advice Ill consider all options then go.

Here are some pics of my lowryders they have about 2 weeks left the pistals are turning brown now..

I think I will put the sativa in the green house after the lowryder comes out. :toke:

post-4481-1151255789_thumb.jpg

post-4481-1151255853_thumb.jpg

Edited by UBENHADD

Congrats UBENHADD nice find champ :thumbsup:

I am also curious as to what country you are in. Not a common find in australia anyway. Unless maybe her pot smoking friend secretly planted them there :toke: Not a bad idea really.. anyone know any old ladies that water their garden reguarly and will not notice some nice looking weeds? :thumbsup:

on a slightly off topic matter is it really worth growing outdoors in winter etc? I have never know anyone to do it as most people think its not worth the trouble and the yield is extremely low. I have always been told to plant in spring so the plants will be ready at the end of summer when the sun is at its peak. I have witnessed countless outdoor grows done this way using a decent strain to get nothing less that a pound a plant somtimes 2 or above if we have a nice sunny summer. Yeah anyway really curious anout this as a lot of people on this forum seem to grow outdoor at all stages of the year. :thumbsup: