a million little pieces

First of all, there is bit of controversy surrounding certain events described in this book, but as Frey explains in the insert supplied, it is a memoir of his time as a 23 year old, recovering from serious drug addiction in a rehab centre.

I don't think anyone expects his memory to be perfect.

That aside, I found the book extremely easy to read, written in a style I haven't seen before, it reads like the thoughts in his head. Sometimes flowing, sometimes repetitous.

His language is real, so if you're offended by coarse language don't fucking bother reading it! He swears a lot, but then so do most of us!

As someone without an addictive personality, but with several friends who've struggled with addiction, I found this story very insightful. It has helped me to understand the hell that addicts/alcoholics live with.

Unlike many addicts, Frey doesn't make excuses for his life. Although he acknowledges some possible root causes, he takes full responsibility for his actions and deals with the consequences.

In a world full of excuses and blame I found this quite refreshing.

I highly recommend this book, especially to anyone looking to better understand addiction, but also just as an entertaining story. :peace: :bleh: :toke:

Enjoy ;)

haaaaaaaaahahahaha...

I havent read this book.. but I am sure I seen it on oprahs book club...

well the program I seen was Oprah outing this guy as a fraud....

isnt it something to do with one guys struggle with herion or something???

yeah any way, he was on Oprah earlier this year becuase she promoted this book in her book club... after this guy makes millions from the sales.. it comes out it was all lies.. or extremely exagerated... I dont usually watch oprah.. b ut I heard about this book... so I tuned in to watch this eposode.. oprah was not very happy with him.... about lying and saying it was a true account when it isnt....

hes a fruad.. or so we are lead to believe after the oprah show.. he does appoligize...for the misleading tale of events...

but any way, true or not.. its still, do doubt a good read....

I might have to track it down...:toke: just to see what all the hype is about...

Thanks for the link nugget.

I think it's a case of 'not letting the truth get in the way of a good yarn.'

Just don't read it expecting a biography, because it isn't one.

As for Oprah (there is her Book Club emblem on the cover), even though I work night shift, I NEVER find time to sit down in front of that shit!!!

Guess I'm too busy tending to these plants :toke:

Each to thier own ay, SS!!! :peace:

;)

yeah wether its true, extremely exagerated or just pure fiction... its still the number 1 best selling book so it must be a good read...

just goes to show any publicity is good puplicity...:toke:

if you spend the entire day tending to plants.. maybe you should automate.... its a hell of a lot less hassle... buy a timer or two

:peace:

Yeah ... and what publicity .. I mean its Oprah man .. She says jump and nearly every woman in America Would Jump .. - Good Business women tho I must admit .(if u like that sort of thing)

Yeah i actually caught the original show and the fraud show - Not that i ever watch Oprah ;: hehe

I dont Think I'll be readin the book anytime soon - Tho I'd be curious if i ever found that elusive time that keeps eluding me.

:bleh: ;) :toke: :toke: ;)

Ive got an addictive personality - And thats why you just cant get enough of me Possums. :)

hehe ... okByeThen ;) lol

I read A million little pieces before I heard it'd been on oprah's book club, and before the whole controversy over its' authenticity and I loved it. I thought it was a bloody good story, written in an interesting and compelling way. Edge of your seat kinda stuff, even though it's just one drug-addicted-fucked-up-yet-moderately-intelligent guys point of view.

Wasn't at all suprised when it came out that it was fake. The story was too 'good' (it made a good story, not actually so fun) to be true.

Regardless of how close an autobiography it is, it's an interesting book that i enjoyed. Worth reading I think too :toke:

As for the expose of it's fakeness, check the original report on the smoking gun here.

Edited by toasty

if you spend the entire day tending to plants.. maybe you should automate.... its a hell of a lot less hassle... buy a timer or two

timers i have, extra sets of hands i don't! :toke:

not all these plants are pot, SS!:)

a few acres of fruit trees and a growing vege patch takes almost as much time as tending to me 'favourite' plants

Budman, although i failed to become addicted to numerous substances (man, did we have some fun tryin :toke: ), i'm convinced that i'm becoming somewhat addicted to growing(as opposed to smoking) pot and to some degree this and other similar forums :toke:

it's alright though coz this bomb of a 'puter(inthewordsofmypommyboss!) will no doubt shit itself soon and winter shall pass and i can GET THE FUCK BACK OUTSIDE!!!! :) :thumbsup:

what can i say, it's been a long day at work (ie yesterday)!

:thumbsup: toasty :thumbsup:

rather toasty meself t b honest ;)