I have a 4'x4'x7'h room, I have a 1000w hps now with a real noisy ballast. But wondering if I should go with a 600w son t argo instead, would it make that much differance in my yeald. Will be going to shop tomorrow and would like some ans. by then and why you would make the choice you give me.

Thanks much.

Guest SOMEONE

imo the 600 is the go

the 1000 imo is just a super heat problem maker

ive never completed a grow with 1

with the 600 i can get closer to the plants with less heat

i think u will need more head area for the shade with the 1000

i get my 600 roughly 40cm from plant tops without any burn

my 1000w just sits in cupboard gatthering dust!

anyways them are my thoughts

sure youl get more

take care

s

im the same even though i do not have a 600 or 1000 i wouldn't waste the money on a 1000 when a 600 would easily do the job for me in my opinion i would only get the 1000 if you have a really good heat extraction set up and your grow area is big enough to warrant the 1000 u can find that out by simply using the grow room calculator up the top of the page, give that a go and see if you even need 1000 w of light

cheers

I agree totally with chatos comments, as he is 100% correct in what he said.

By changing from 1000W to 600W you will have about 7000 less lumens

Having said that your operating costs and bulb replacement costs will be substantially lower with the 600w

all the best with it Ubenhadd

:peace:

I have a 4'x4'x7'h room, I have a 1000w hps now with a real noisy ballast. But wondering if I should go with a 600w son t argo instead, would it make that much differance in my yeald. Will be going to shop tomorrow and would like some ans. by then and why you would make the choice you give me.

Thanks much.

2 x 600 watters don't put out as much heat as a 1000w - I use 2 x 600w HPS in a single large air cooled & sealed shade/reflector. The air is drawn directly from outside of the GR and exhausted outside the GR (keep the inlets & exhaust away from one another).