is this leaf useless or suitable for cannabutter?

I saw a friend of mine the other day and mentioned I wanted some leaves for cooking n wanted to make some cannabutter and he said he'd be back in a sec, after a few mins he returned with a plastic bag full.

anyway, it looks a bit dry to me though iv never actualy seen much leaf after its off the plant: is this stuff suitable to make cannabutter? I dont want to waste my time but theres quite a bit of it...

post-7631-1147931873_thumb.jpg

IMO the only leaf worth using is the head leaf.. can you see crystals on these leaves?

if you are using shade leaves then I think you would need a little more that what you have to make a decent batch of butter.. if its head leafe that amount should do nide in about 200grams of butter... really depends on the amount of crystals on the leaves...

What ive laways understood is that with cannabis thc is extracted with the use of butter , it dosent have to be gleaming with crystals as with other extraction methods , thats part of the reason canna butter came about in the first place . It is my understanding that butter is not just used for cooking purposes in this process, but is a nescesary tool in extracting the oils contained in the leaf . The beauty of this is , is that theoretically you can siv your kif through a screen and then still use that kiff once again in cooking . BUt with ordinary leaf belive me it works just fine , i know certain people who make cookies out of normal shade leaf etc , have been for quite sometime and the method works out to about one ounce ten cookies , a few of these can make you appear like youve had a shot of heroin , it makes good value out of a product that most people throw away in the compost :peace: . Its like use normal leaf fine , adding kif leaf to this just will make it stronger but you can concentrate your cooking ingredients anyway so it dosnet matter .

just ask ya make how much bud trimmins are in there if there aint much then it might be a waste of time might be better to bubble it or put it through a silk screen and make some hash and use that in ya cooking

hope that helps if in dought just give it a go and find out

Stoney you seemed to have missed the whole point of what id just said , its not just some pile of cuckoos i just made up :peace: , its the way that thc molecules operate , ie they wont be extracted out of the leaf using water ( unless you use some kind of spinning extraction method )but they will bind to oils like butter at a high enough temperature .