Hi everyone. A friend of mine asked me for some advice on which strain he should use for an indoor grow. He plans on growing in a closet under a set of stairs. He has 48 inches (about 120 cm) of height to work with. Can anyone suggest a good, low growing strain?

Keep in mind with indoors it's not so much the strain you should be worrying about if you want to be small, but the technique. There are quite a few good ways to utilize a small space, regardless of the strain. Check of Sea Of Green (SOG) or SCROG growing. Check out you seed banks and find the strains that are "recommended" or porform well in a SOG setup. None jump to mind, but my memory isn't working. If you're not keen on that then just choose a strain that is desribed as "compact", that should do. While your growing keep factors that induce stretch between internodes under control such as light intensity, high temperatures, and conductivity (EC). Have fun choosing seeds.

I'm sure many people will be able to tell you the names of strains that are suitable.

- Rhizo

someone's bound to say lowryder, but i'd recommend pretty much any indica that branches really well as he could train the plant to grow horizontally to maximize the space or even do a scrog grow (the plant is woven around a screen to keep the canopy even) which will probably give even a better yield :P

theres lots of possibilities out there, but i recommend going for a strain with around 8 weeks flowering time that appeals to your taste the most so have a look around the seedbank sites and have a very long look before placing an order :nea:

hey there mate your mate can always try lst which it simple as bend the branches down or tying them down to promote the lower growth coming up in the middle do a search for lst or tying down

your friend could also try tipping the plants some poeple dont like this method due to it slightly slowing down the veg time but to do this you just snip out the main growth tips and then 2 will shot out them tipping tem you get 4 and so on this will also push up the growth from underneath

i have used this method and have had good results

cheers