Streched Plants

Most of my plants are between 12" and 18" tall. They're healthy, but don't have many alternating nodes for cloning. I want to turn them to flower before they get to 2' tall as I only have about 4 1/2' of growing hight.

A couple of them are already 2' tall with just a main stem and few leaves on them. What should I do?

post-7214-1147495393_thumb.jpg

well, theres really 2 things you can do.. or 3...

you could cut them back and introduce a 24/0 light cycle, this would keep the nodes closer together...

or, kink them over in a way so that those nodes grow upwards.. this would increase yeild... probably what I would do...

or, just flower them... they look like they would flower up ok the way the are...

NH ... What Do I do with this plant, can I just cut 8" of the top

Why the hell not NH - I do all he time to fit the under a light. It;s the only reasonale yet difficult wayout.

I do feel like I am being a little visious with them but if you do it before flowering and also give it 3 - 7 days to heal it has never causd me a problem.

SS ....kink them over in a way so that those nodes grow upwards

Obiosly you would opt for other options rayher than chopping them if availiable (tying it down and/or get kinky with them like SS.

After many yrs of growing it dose not get easier to make decissions to terminate any part or any whole plant...... just get used to the idea - ir helps. :P

Cull the scraggly bitches. It’s easy to say clone & flower them but really. Have a look at em. I wouldn’t waste the space on them. Im sure you can find some better genes to take their place. Looks to me like you have more than enough in that room to keep you busy.

If you do keep them you will want to at least get the max yield from them. Take the advice from ss. Tie the tops down and fim every tip on the plant.

theres no problem taking the top growing shoot as a clone. it also helps the plants bush out from its laterals.

if u want to clone those plants then yes you can take the top stem no problem. especially seeing there is no other stem to take!

but ask yourself why do they look so weak. its either that the genetics are shit, in which case ur better off getting some new strain. or either you are giving them not enough light and there stretching like crazy.

seeing u only have 4 1/2 foot of height u should set up a scrog to use the area more efficiently. a scrog with a pgr would work great in a small height space, as you end up with a layer of thick, short nuggets which are dense and compact

Edited by keepleft

I'm pretty sure the genetic are good. I got the seeds from the same place as my other plants and they are going ape shit! :nea:. I think it was from the lack of nutes right at the start, a couple of plants lost there leaves.

pmsl this morning when I was watering my plants I triped and fell backwards and sat on one of my plants and snapped it in half! :P.

So just an experiment I stuck the top back in the pot, we'll see if it strike roots?. It was one of the really tall ones, was streched out but not as bad as the one in the pictures in this post.

The other plants are short stocky and bushy, so what I might do is trim the really tall ones to the same height as the others. That way all my plants will be the same height.

If I decide to veg for another, say, 3-4 weeks to make the plants really bushy, heaps of nodes for cloning etc and then just trim them to 2' foot 1 week before I put them to flower, would that be ok?. Becuase they are just starting to grow alternating nodes now. So I was thinking just grow them 'till I get the nodes I need then just trim before flowering?. That'll increase yeild to if they are bushier?