help mold on big buds

so true about the end product thc. ive grown the same strain with and without PGR's and without PGR's its much fluffier, stinkier and stronger. but less yield. so depends on why you growing i guess - quality or yield

heading off to check if theres any new mold now ....

Hi keepleft,

I would try and get your growroom setup to give you higher nightime temps rather than messing with anti fungal treatments.If you want to go that route use carbendazine which is a systemic antifungal agent.Get your nightime heat to 19-21c.You spoke of leaving fans running 24/7.Thats ok if you can maintain temps of at least 18c at lights off.You speak of rather the plants facing the cold rather than high humidity.

Sorry to tell you chum,but you have got it arse about face.This is one aspect of growing that people fail to properly understand.When you have high humidity,the moisture is in the air surrounding your plants.At lights off the temp drops.your fan is still bringing in that cold outside air.If that air is so cold that your growroom air reaches the dew point,the point at which water CONDENSES,you will actually get moisture forming on your plants.Where?Inside your biggest buds as the bigger the bud the less effect a circ fan has on them.

So although you think your fans are removing moisture by introducing cooler air containing less moisture,this cooling is what causes the condensation that allows botyritis to get a toehold.Most people,if they are running 2 fans,1 inlet,1 exhaust,switch off the inlet fan so you will get some air exchange but not a great drop in temp.Better to have your fans off totally(not circ fans)if you can't maintain an adequate nightime temp with your existing kit.

I use a dehumidifier at night,cost me £80 (I live in England)and its a great bit of kit,worth every penny.Sucks excess moisture out of the air and raises the growroom temps to boot.Fit it and bye bye botyritis!

So get your nightime temps up matey!This point is illustrated by the fact your other growroom is largely mold free because the lights in that room are on at night,meaning their nightime temps are higher because the input air is at daytime temperature.

Roadblock came up with an elegant solution,useing your daytime air from one room to supply warm air to the other at lights off.Should work a treat. :thumbsup:

thats for the advice dr rockster! will take your comments on board as follows...

as an update, applied the microbial at 5:1 dilution ratio 4 days ago. since then, not one more bud with mold when i checked yesterday. checked inside the big ones, underneath everywhere. whether thats because of the microbial not sure, but im pleased that it was only one bud that molded. curious that is was a small one in the middle that had mold and not a monster bud?

the nightime temp when exhaust and intake fans are OFF is at the mimimum 17 degrees (as the room is insulated and there getting some warmth from the adjacent room). however, if i have the fans going on once every hour for 15mins when lights are out it drops below that to about 13 degrees (as the air coming in is about 8 degrees at night at present). so i cant have em 24/7 as that would be way too cold. so based on what your saying i think ill just turn off the intake fans when lights are off and have the exhaust come on 15mins every 2 hrs and see how the temps go. ive got 2 circulating fans in there now, one high and one low to increase the circulation.

im going to think more of how to use the warm air from the other room without creating negative pressure .... what i might do is turn off the cold air intake fans when lights are off and leave the exhaust fan on and connect a 6 inch axial to bring warm air from the room next door. see how that goes.

im going to think more of how to use the warm air from the other room without creating negative pressure ..

You wont get negative pressure if you control the airflow , the way I had it was a 12 inch duct tube was pocked through the wall joining each room , it was at the top of the wall hanging down about 3 ft on either side to stop light , then when the lights came on that rooms low set inlet fans pulled cool air from outside , heated air was pulled into the lights off room which has its outlet exhaust fans on , , I had express airs fans at the time for controlling air flow , those fans have shutters that close the hole when they are not running , I had temp and humidy controllers to regulate when and what fans came on ,, so the lights on room outlet fan is not running and closed and the lights off room has its outlet fan running , so warm air must go through the other room to get out , it easy to move air when you are dealing with heated air as it wants to go one way , you just got to guide its flow , so long as the rooms work with one rooms in air running and the opposite rooms out air running you wont get negative pressure , but you got be able to close the out fan thats not being run .

Rod

Edited by Roadblock