How Much Do They Stretch?

I'm currently vegging and the plants are 12 inches tall. At what hight should I switch to 12/12 for flowering if I want them to be 4 1/2 foot tall?. Some people have said they will strecth to twice the hight, others say 3 times the hight.

There are 3 different strains, White Widow, Northen Lights and Purple Power <- which is a 60/40 Indica Sativa mix, half Hollands Hope and half Skunk #1

Fuckin' now dude, I'd say!
Some people have said they will strecth to twice the hight, others say 3 times the hight.
They could take up to two to three weeks to show sex in which case they will still be vegetating (albeit with less energy -- 12/18th as much) and then they could stretch 2 -3 times as much as I understand it.
White Widow, Northen Lights and Purple Power
As for specific strains, which matters a lot, I can't comment.

Yea thats a hard question NH, i dont think anyone knows for sure just how much stretch will happen here,

so i would be inclined to send to flower now

I mean its better at the end to say well i could have let them go another week.....rather than finding out

all to late that they are too big for the growing space, and having to trim the major heads down to size.

this is only my opinion as i have never seen these strains before, so it takes one grow to get "dialed into"

your strains and your growing space, then you know exactly how far you can go.

all the best with them :thumbdown:

plant strech varies from strain to strain, its something you have to guage your self, a little trial and error... but usually if a plant is 10 inches tall it will be around 30 inches by the time its finished.... this is a good rule to follow, just remember though some will stretch more some less.... I say the plant grows 1/3rd then the other 2/3rds when flowered....... or there abouts..