amps of 600 and 1000's

600'srun at about 3-4 amps... 2.9 I think mine is.. or around there..

1000's run at about5-6.... 4.8 I think mine is.... always allow more as there starting amps are usually quite high for the first 10-15 mins until the transformer warms up then drops down to the running amps.....

if you are using more than 1 light, I would suggest to stagger them as they come on... about 10 mins apart should be fine.

the 1000w American control box i recently had started at 3amps and running current was 4.7amps im pretty sure the 1000w HPS (amercian) control box is the only one that starts at a lower amp and picks up all others including MH start with a high amp and lower once warmed up including the 1000w European control box but someone correct me if im wrong im not 100% and my memory is fucked cant think back all those years ago to what mine were running at :thumbsup:

I've got a 600 watt HPS from Ablite. On the top of the Ballest it says "4.2 amps Start Current" and "3 amps Running Current".

On the whole divide the watts by volts thing, you will be close but not 100% accurate. If these lights are anything like audio amplifiers there not 100% efficient. By that I mean that, if they produce 600 watts of light they may need to draw 800 watts to produce the 600 as some is lost in the conversion through resistance in the transformer. Some of the energy drawn in to the ballest to produce energy for the light is givin of as heat. That's why ballests get warm/hot. If the ballest was 100% efficient it would run stone cold.

Hi keep left, I dont normally like tell people how do things with electrical stuff like wiring but i think from what i have read some might learn some thing from this.

electrical 101... :peace:

v =r times I and walt =volt times amp and power =volt times ampsand ther are more things with these calculations but i see if some can work that out.

the reson that it did not work out is the the true current is 230v not 240v, flipster was all most right when he said that it was the input voltage but that does not apply here becuase it is a steping up system that you use eg ballest or transformer. but there input is important here ,and a transformer is no diffent in a light system to your low voltage air pump just in diffent ways its been step up or down (voltage).

you can start all the ballest at the same time where you must be carefull is the you dont use to many amps on the same power ciruits there are normally 3 to 4 per house and not to excedd around 12 amps as most wireing is rated at 20 amp for the 12 hours or 18. So when you start up there is enough amp in your wireing to cover a short high amp pull even if it goes over the amp of the wireing its not a big deal. But any cords or plug packs you use is only rated at 10 amp so rember this when putting lights on to it 12 amps are fine but it will have to be thown away after every two grows.

Gazza mate when it comes to this stay out of it because you have talked the most shit of have ever seen when it comes to this subject.

right first it not where the bellest comes from that counts its what is going that does and all trasnformer are the some no mater where they come from ,also your start up is higher than your runing current. so if we go by what you are saying then this is how your set up is working.

walts div by amps = voltage so 1000w div 3amps =333volt mate you have your every own power system in the world. or your runing 690w lights

if you need more info pm me guys happy to help you out

tt :thumbsup:

two2time, my light that just got pinched was a 1000w American HPS control box i got my numbers directly from the control box u knob it said "3amps start up" "running 4.7amps" and i have also owned the 1000w HPS Europen control box THEY RUN DIFFERENT LAMPS GRONK! just ask anyone who knows there shit or would u like me to find links? :thumbsup:

Gazza mate when it comes to this stay out of it because you have talked the most shit of have ever seen when it comes to this subject.

right first it not where the bellest comes from that counts its what is going that does and all trasnformer are the some no mater where they come from ,also your start up is higher than your runing current. so if we go by what you are saying then this is how your set up is working.

ok this pissed me off as i knew i was right and thought fuck it i aint going anywhere tonight so i done a little searching for u to read up on check out this link and match it up to what i said in my first post

http://www.sla.net.au/pdf/fix/fix_113.pdf

also since u think all control box's are the same here u go

american control box http://www.accenthydroponics.com.au/ecom1/prod282.htm

european control box http://www.accenthydroponics.com.au/ecom1/prod284.htm

SPECIAL! 1000w HPS european lamp made by osram http://www.accenthydroponics.com.au/ecom1/prod1081.htm

STANDARD! 1000w HPS lamp that runs on the american control box http://www.accenthydroponics.com.au/ecom1/prod1330.htm

but mate remember im talking out of my ass :thumbsup: