3 1/2 foot plant how do i get it to start budding?

I assume your growing your plant under some sort of HPS or flourescent lighting??

So you would have had the light running 24 hours a day, or maybe even 18 hours on, 6 off?

To make it start flowering (budding), you need to turn the lights so as they are on for 12 hours, and off for the next 12. Then after a week or so (sometimes sooner) you should be able to determine whether they are male or female. The female plants are the ones you will want for the buds.

If you are growing the plant under natural sunlight, I'm sorry but someone else will have to help you out there :peace:

Hope this helps anyways :thumbsup:

Edited by nugget

I assume your growing your plant under some sort of HPS or flourescent lighting??

So you would have had the light running 24 hours a day, or maybe even 18 hours on, 6 off?

To make it start flowering (budding), you need to turn the lights so as they are on for 12 hours, and off for the next twelve. Then after a week or so (sometimes sooner) you should be able to determine whether they are male or female. The female plants are the ones you will want for the buds.

If you are growing the plant under natural sunlight, I'm sorry but someone else will have to help you out there :peace:

Hope this helps anyways :thumbsup:

How Do I tell if there male or female?

turn the light back to 12/12, you should see little white hairs coming between the nodes in 4-6 days, if theres no hairs then it will be male, try this and post another pic in a few days if you are still unsure.

also looks like it could do with some nutrients, what are you feeding her?

They already have lil white hairs on them.

Mate that’s a nice healthy looking plant. Good work so far.

Mate the plants have two light cycles. Vegetative growth and flowering growth.

Generally the vegetative cycle is 18 hours light on per day and 6 off. For flowering its 12 on 12 off.

You will want to flower a plant for 8 weeks if the plant is indicia and from 8 – 12 weeks if it’s a sativa.

Yours looks like a nice sativa. Good for a make you laugh type of stone.

By the way I would say with %95 confidences that it’s female. You say you have white hairs and I don’t see any balls. So my guess is female.

But if you have hairs it’s flowering. How far into flower is it? Who knows? All you can do is keep the lights on 12/12 and keep checking the trichome development for ripeness.

It’s in early flower anyway. So call this day 4 of flower and keep the lights 12/12.

Good luck mate

:thumbsup: you know that will triple in size by the times its finished? Good luck controlling it mate

Mate that’s a nice healthy looking plant. Good work so far.

Mate the plants have two light cycles. Vegetative growth and flowering growth.

Generally the vegetative cycle is 18 hours light on per day and 6 off. For flowering its 12 on 12 off.

You will want to flower a plant for 8 weeks if the plant is indicia and from 8 – 12 weeks if it’s a sativa.

Yours looks like a nice sativa. Good for a make you laugh type of stone.

By the way I would say with %95 confidences that it’s female. You say you have white hairs and I don’t see any balls. So my guess is female.

But if you have hairs it’s flowering. How far into flower is it? Who knows? All you can do is keep the lights on 12/12 and keep checking the trichome development for ripeness.

It’s in early flower anyway. So call this day 4 of flower and keep the lights 12/12.

Good luck mate

:thumbsup: you know that will triple in size by the times its finished? Good luck controlling it mate

Its been in veg for like 5 weeks and Thanks alot every website I went to everyone was assholes thanks guys for being way cool

turn the lights back to 12/12 and then after a week take a close up of the nodes of the plant and post it here and we can help ya sex it

but looking good it may be the light or is the plant a little yellowish if so it may need a little more nitrogen but if in flower it wont need to much also what nutrience are ya giving it and when do you water???

cheers