I need help from the a/c engineer

ok, just so you know pure, i am intending on sucking thru my filter....

thanks for the help everyone, i am going away for the weekend so if you reply and i don't get back to you, that is why.

i would love to hear wot other people think of my choice of fans and duct tho, so please, feel free to post and i'll get back to you after the weekend.

i will post some pics of the room too, so you can get a better idea

ahh stuff it, here is a really early shot anyway.

Thanks very much PUre :( ;)

It makes sense I never really thought of it like that With duct ontop it could make back presure even worse.

I LL get onto Fixing mine up gives me an chance to see how the fan and filter are going its been over a year since i Installed. Should I dry filter in the sun or any fan matinance other than a clean .

Wheres the best place for a muffler?

Atm Air gets silenced before the fan.

I dont think my GR will hold the weight of my filter and there is little room for it.

Could i make an external box for the filter with boxed fan ontop sucking up through a muffler and then outside or last option filter on the floor of G/R and many more in vents..

If anybody can help Jump in id like to get my venting sorted out too.

Jaguarrh hi there thats a huge globe never seen them before looks interesting. Good to see your onto your venting from the start. :( :xcited: Ive tried a few different ways but would have to say a carbon filter and centrifugal fan is the way togo over a few seperate inlines or even the old bath fans. Odor free being a bonus.

Edited by thc24

some how I got the impression this room was 5 times the size??? but the 2.4 meters is obviously referring to the height....

That fan will be plenty to vent both of those rooms.

I would make one side on the growroom a solid wall where you mount normal exhaust fans blowing air into the room from ground level, this will be more than enough airflow for the rooms. then I would run the exhuast from the flower and veg room through the carbon filter... through the roof...

better still, I would be aiming to filter the room, not just the grow room...this way you can have exhuast fans in and out, making good flow for both boxes... and run the carbon filter and centrifical fan to exhuast to room through the roof...

no I'm not a mechanical engineer, but my opinion is one 300mm fan or similar would be enough for both rooms. My suggestion is have the main fan exhausting out the top of the flower room via the carbon filter. Then run a 100mm duct from the top of your veg room to the bottom of your flower room with perhaps a cheopo $40 inline fan. Get the black ducting and with a couple of bends you should stop any light leaks from the veg room into the flower room. If not you may need to construct a little light trap around the ducting point from the veg room. Then a 100mm intake fan at the bottom of the veg room. Perhaps you could get away with a passive intake into the veg room, but only trial and error will tell you that.

In terms of the carbon filter I understand what Pure is saying but in practice I haven't found it makes any difference whether you suck the air through it or push the air through it. I've actually set mine up to push the air through the filter because I made mine with plastic mesh and I found when sucking it through it kinda warped the filter and created air leaks through the carbon if you know what I mean, as the inner ring of plastic mesh was not strong enough to maintain its shape under the suction of the fan. However when I pushed the air through it maintained perfect shape and no air leaks as the filter layer was simply compressed against the outer mesh screen. A better made stainless steel filter that the hydro shops sell probably wouldn't have this problem, but I just think they're a ripoff so I made my own.

I also found this setup more convenient in terms of sound and stealth. The fan can be on the inside of the growoom with the carbon filter sitting hidden on top of the grow box, not taking up space inside.

excellent, thanks for all the input people.

i think i have a solution to my mental block now, i'm gonna use a bit of everyones advice and go with a hybrid of all the above advice. i think i can do it with the one fan and filter. (that is if the veg room doesn't stink too bad) I will post more pics during construction.

love your work everyone.