mother plant

roy

post-6860-1144926297_thumb.jpg

G,day everyone could some one give me the info on how to grow a mother plant

it,s in compost/soil mix ,under a 20watt Sun Glo fluro 24hrs

it,s a couple weeks old now and i,ve been just watering it from the tap....i want to know if i can start give it some fertilizer

ok people lay it on me

:)

Edited by roy

the idea of a mother plant is for it to last for many months so a good soil is a must. If you like soil go coco it has simular need for feeding (once daily) and goes well indoors with hydro nutes. A flouro will be fine 18/6 to keep healthy regular feeding is the go maby twice a week try to trim so that plant gets no taller than 30/40cm and 50cm wide should be enough for 50 cuts every fortnight.

sorry had to go searching for these pics

After mothering for a few months you will become an expert at tipping, it a good idea to start young the second last pic shows where i first tip to keep under that 30cm and then tip or take cuts weekly even if you dont need them to keep canopy flat and under control. If you only need say 10 cuts a week go smaller. the mum never stops growing so regular med strength feeds are also needed.

Last pic of young mums ready for round one of cuts but has already been tipped heaps into this shape.

post-5631-1144932125_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1144932175_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1144932487_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1144932972_thumb.jpg

Edited by thc24

Does anyone have pics of their mothers? would be interested to see them.

In that tutorial it advises "Remember this mum will provide you with cuttings 4 to 18 times a year for the next 3 to 15 years"

15 years dam that is unbeleivable. Sounds like the way to go.. just need to find a strain I would be happy to keep growing lol

In that tutorial it advises "Remember this mum will provide you with cuttings 4 to 18 times a year for the next 3 to 15 years"

while a mother plant can supply cuttings 4-18 times a year, it would be a bit silly imo to keep the plant growing for more than a year lol but during the 4-18 times a year that you can take cuttings, you only need 1 to replace the mother when it outgrows its environment :thumbdown:

here is my mother plant, i'm trying to bonsai her and so far she is going ok.

she gets a half strength feed of coco nutes once a week.

she has just had a good pruning in these shots. that was last week and there is heaps of new growth now.

i think if you follow that guide that was posted earlier roy, u should go good.

good luck mate

post-7767-1149801181_thumb.jpg

post-7767-1149801195_thumb.jpg

post-7767-1149801329_thumb.jpg