Auto-pot

joedave

How things going?

I have been looking at a few websites that have the auto-pots on them and am thinking of buying three or four to start of with the one that I want to buy is called a Budgrower one pot system has anyone out there had any experience with the auto-pot range or with the Budgrower one pot system its self?

Cheers

Sorry

the website: http://www.autopot.com.au

if that does not work let me no

G'day.

I couldn't get the link to work, but I looked up the system you mention and it's basically a ready to go dripper system.

I just recently bought all the parts to make a system exactly like the one pictured a lot cheaper, but of course, a lot more stuffing around.

I'm no hydro guru, but freinds I have that I consider very good at it, consider the system you are looking at, as prehaps the best way to use hydroponics these days.

Although, they didn't see the link you gave either.

Basically, I asked around people I highly respect in this feild, what to build as the best system around. One freind in particular gave me a list of things to buy and assemble. What it all knocks up to look like is remarkably close to what you have there, only yours is ready to go.

I'd do it. If you want to save money, all the parts are able to be bought from hardwear shops, but if money isnt an inhibiting factor to you, as it is for me, go for the ready to use set up. it'll save you a lot of messing about I suppose. And it could be better than what I am building in ways I haven't considered?

I'm certain you'll do well with it.

Good luck to you.

rob

I checked some out at my favourite hydro store about six months back, they should work ok but I thought them to be a bit pricey ($80 each). After describing my set-up, the owner said that there would be no real advantage in it for me to change. This does not mean that you should not consider them, I already had a working system.

The only disadvantage I could see with them was that you would need to hand water for a week or two while the root system grew deep enough but that isn't really a major problem. They may be cheaper by now as other brands should have hit the market.

B)

RobbieGS,

you must have looked at the wrong kit but oh well, the kit that I was talking about is just a very simple system that costs only $14.60 , I am only new, so I still have a far bit of research to do before I decide what kind of system to use, the only thing I no at this point is that I would like to plant atleast 4-6 seeds, I have a far idea of what kind of strain I want but other then that I am still deciding? B)

:unsure:

The auto-pot systems I looked at had a "smart valve" that allowed water to drip in to a level of 35mm above the bottom of the growing medium. it would let it run completely dry then open to let in another 35mm of water, allowing the plants to use water and air out the roots at their own pace.

I can see how Tom's system would have a similar effect, but requires more judgement through trial and error for on/off times for the pump to fill the drip bottle.

For me I can't see why you should need a fully automated system for an indoor grow space, as you really should be checking it everyday anyway.