root rot

Guest SOMEONE

Guest SOMEONE

hey all,

have got root rot in 3 of 5 buckets....

i plan on lowering the level of the water and add some rhizotonic..

im a little confused on the dosage rates..

tha bottle says 2ml per 5 litre of nutes...

i am planning on using the rhizo continuosly and have beeen told that 2ml is too much.. anyone use this style of rhizotonic...

all help is greately appreciated

take care and peace out

im a little confused on the dosage rates.. ........tha bottle says 2ml per 5 litre of nutes...

If unsure be cautious and use less. The product has a good rep tbh.

i am planning on using the rhizo continuosly and have beeen told that 2ml is too much..anyone use this style of rhizotonic

Try HERE :xcited:

root rot sucks big time mate! i had it and battled it (pythium) for 3 crops, tried microbial, fongarid, h202 oxyplus, reducing watering times down to almost nothing, i tried everything! i managed to reduce it but had to get new strain and bleach the system. now its all gone.

IMHO the best thing that almost worked was oxyplus. but it didnt totally iradicate it

BUT i dont know if u can use rhizo with oxyplus. what kind of medium and system do u use? do u also have sciarid fly? what symptoms have you got? (are you getting necrotic tissue on the leaves or just the brown roots at this stage?)

Guest SOMEONE

thanks keepleft,

tthey are only at the brown slime stage,

i mite knock the rhizo on the head till i get the oxyplus

and try to reduce the rot ... once on top of it

i will then stop oxyplus and re introduce the rhizo

oh im runnin a 20ltr and 60 litre dwc buckets

with advanced nutes

i mite knock the carbo load on the head too as i know this will only be feeding the rot...

my first attempt at dwc is going downhill..

looks like i may go back to recyl clay drip system!!

take care

add the oxyplus at least every 2 days at 2ml per litre. very economical. if ur able to add it daily.

if it gets on your hands it has a nice exfoliating effect ha ha! it burns like fark.

im not sure if u can use fongarid in dwc, but its also worth using (unless ur concerned about using chemicals!). its dirt cheap (about $12 for 5 satchels). read roadblocks thread on it. i also use it now, after transplanting and before going 12/12. i add it as a drench at 20% of recommended dose. its systemic. and it can be used with oxyplus no problem.

oxyplus will sanitise the root zone (and add oxygen), fongarid is systemic and will treat the pythium from the inside.

add the oxyplus at least every 2 days at 2ml per litre. very economical. if ur able to add it daily.

if it gets on your hands it has a nice exfoliating effect ha ha! it burns like fark.

im not sure if u can use fongarid in dwc, but its also worth using (unless ur concerned about using chemicals!). its dirt cheap (about $12 for 5 satchels). read roadblocks thread on it. i also use it now, after transplanting and before going 12/12. i add it as a drench at 20% of recommended dose. its systemic. and it can be used with oxyplus no problem.

oxyplus will sanitise the root zone (and add oxygen), fongarid is systemic and will treat the pythium from the inside.

Guest SOMEONE

thanks KL,

im primed and just waiting for lights on...

i mite mix up 1 satchel of fongarid and add it to the net pots...

the sad thing is that i had only just turned them !!!

i think i best brace myself for a shitty yeild...

i added some piranha from adv nutes a week prior to turning,

and i think i wont do that again...

anyway thanks for your time keepleft

i very much appreciate it

take care and peace out

someone

Guest SOMEONE

whats priranha?

piranha is a root thingy..

it contains a huge amount of good things for your roots

its from advanced nutrients outta canada

best used with another of there products "tarantula..

1 of them has something like 57 extra beneficial organisms..

i reckon its not to be used in water culture....

its only the roots in the water that are all yucky..

the other roots not in water are all white..

anyways keepleft

cheers bro

take care

peace out

someone