big brother is watching you.

floyd

anything by orwell.

he is magic. every single word of 1984 struck me with its absolute brilliance.

animal farm is equally great, but the extra depth to 1984 makes it truly an amazing read.

so many of the books that i resented on principal in high school are now some of my fav reads!

orwell is the man. 1984 was kind of slow, but still awesome.

i seen a chilling report about home security the other day... new state of the art home defense system, cameras in your house that you can view from anywhere to make sure no ones in your house when your not. the possibility of this being exploited by someone else watching you when you dont want them to seems astounding :thumbdown:

and lmao about the books in highschool thing, i feel as though schooling has raped the enjoyment of reading books out of the majority of the people... well here in the US anyways =/

Loved Animal Farm to bits... great how he mirrors a communistic society that is accessible by anyone from children to the elderly. Read it in year 10. Nineteen Eighty-four on the other hand seemed really hard to get through personally. I read it as an independent novel in year 11 and never really liked it. Wrote a paired essay with a Margaret Atwood dystopian "Oryx and Crake" which totally blew me away. Nothing like 1984 but its similar as a parable for the present with respect to genetic mutation.

Another friend read 1984 as a class with the teacher explaining references to totalitarianism. Would've preferred it that way as the symbolism and characterisation in 1984 is confused at times.