help using a 1/2 oz for cannabutter

Hey everyone, i just wasted a 1/2 oz trying to make cannabutter, i now know that i used too much butter for that amount and didn't leave it simmering for quite long enough either. Can anybody tell me how much butter to use to make cannabutter from a 1/2 oz? Any preparation instructions would be greatly appreciated.

the best way to do this is to get a pot put the weed in cover with water and simmer for 5 ours do not boil, (for 1/2 a oz i would put 500grms of butter) put the butter in and simmer for a further hour, strain into large bowl and then place in fridge over night, in the morning the butter would of risen to the top, scoop the butter off the top and use in a recipe that requires alot of butter, i usually make brownies with chocolate (from the last report i got back 1st friend couldnt get off the lounge for 8 hrs -but she not a big smoker anyway) let us know how u went lol