Elicent and Fantech opinions

hey....I just stumbled onto this site....bloody awesome site it is... :P

I have a few questions about centrifugal fans......

lol

The 2 models I am looking at are the Elicent AXC 150B, rated at 530m3 and the Fan Tech TD 500/150 rated at 535m3. There are no fan shops of hydro shops close to me.

Some websites I found don't give facts or brands. I am after QUALITY that will last. lol

I have done google searches for fan shops, reviews etc but I am after people who have experience to give any reviews.

I have a few questions....

1/What are the warranties like on theses units?

2/What are some rough prices?

3/Where are these available? I am in QLD, know of any stockists where I can look at these suckers?

4/ Any other models or makes that are worth suggesting that are reliable good quality items?

5/ Will noise be an issue with these units? They are rated at 43Db at 3m....Could I just use long accoustic duct and wrap the fan in sound proofing?IS there any other quieter options that will handle duct and carbon filters?I live in the city...

6/ Will this be enough fan for a 4m*4m*4m room with 1000watts in tropical QLD?

I have had a bit of a look thru this forum, but actual facts or experiences would be good.

Thanks for any info in advance, guys and gals

Mr Log

Hey Mr Log,

Welcome to this bloody awesome site!

I have a bit of experience in the Elicent department so here goes:

1) Um, not exactly sure, will have a look at the documentation I got with mine a bit later today (if I can find the damn stuff that is)

2) The Elicent 150B will set you back around $320-350

3) Checkout http://www.elicent.it/inglese/home.html for more info on who sells them in your area

4) I initially bought the Elicent because of the super quaility of this product. Several things you must realise with an Elicent. 1. It does not come wired and 2. It does not come with any mount. I have since opted for a 150mm AllVent fan which although quite good, has developed a bit of a rattle in the short amount of time I have had it. Apart from that I have no more experience.

5) 43Db at 3 metres is pretty damn quiet. My current 150mm fan is much 'louder' than that but is still quite quiet. I reackon that would be about as quiet as it goes for a 150mm centrifugal fan, but yes, acoustic ductind and wrapping the fan in something will definitely help alot.

6) Possibly. Remember though that it's hard to make a small fan blow more air, but easy to make a big fan blow less. Make consider something a bit bigger and use a speed controller if it's blowing too much. That was you could always use it for your next (bigger) grow too lol

Edited by flipster

I got a fantech and it did the job. I only used it for 6 months or so so can't comment on its long term reliability, but it didn't show any signs of breaking down... There's not much than can go wrong with fans really, even cheopo ones seem to last for years.

Your best bet is to get out the yellow pages and look up commerical electrical suppliers. Also remember to ask them to wire up a plug for you, most commercial fans come unwired.

i have a can fan its been running for 18 months without being turned off, Was abit noisy at first when on the filter. Ive got a brocher here for Spectrum Fans they have all sorts they do a fan that is crosed between a axial and centrifugal fan think its suited to no filter but will push air through duct is called costomline upto 480wt . Fans look the goods but have never tried one when i bought mine i tried 3 fans before i found the one that suited my room.

Thank for the info Flipster

Fantech haven't replied to the 3 emails I sent :P

I thought I would get more opinions on this...... lol

C'mon guys anyone got a fantech fan?

I need to buy one soon and I want quality that will last for years

Thanks

Mr Log

Hey, no worries. Maybe give the Fantech reps a call? I've had a look for the warranty stuff and couldn't find it. Sorry about that.