Easy Questions

Guest bradwazere

Guest bradwazere

Hello all , just found 3 bag seeds, germinated two, and i have popped them in seperate pots..

Got one seed left just incase i fuckup.

the pots are about 20cm diametre all around, with some potting soil i found in my shed called

Hortico organic potting mix.

?? anyone heard of this? i am not going to bother about adding fertilizer or anything i just wanna go PURE natural bud, like e.g jamican field style, get me? but i heard it like takes ages to bud tho without all the nutrients??

nothings happened yet, and this is yesterday. i planted seeds horizontal and letting gravity take care of that.

and just water every day at sunlight? and i heard if dont have some sort of hyrdro setup for at least a week i wont tell if its a female or male, ill have to wait like 2 months to see if its a female coz of it been outdoor. I know im planting in the wrong season but it doesnt matter its just a test grow, love to get some bud happening tho :peace:. It takes about 8 weeks to produce bud yeah? and i just cut off all the branches leading down to the middle stem and hang it and dry.. Am i doing this right?

ive read grow diares, FAQS all too hard to me to understand

can it be as simple as planting seeds in organic soil and growing bud in 8 weeks :applause:

peace

Hey bradwazere,

Good to see you're getting yourself into growing some pot. Although quite simple, it needs a little bit more attention and thought.

Here are a few brief facts and pointers on your setup that may help you move along:

- Organic potting mix is fine. Although this may contain some nutrients, it will not be enough to sustain the growth of a healthy plant i.e. to when you want to harvest your buds. Plants grown in the ground (often) have access to more nutrients than what you would have in your pot and therefore produce a better result.

- Seeds cans take a while to develop into a healthy and sturdy plant. The 'seedling' stage may last up to 3 weeks from where the seed shell has cracked.

- Watering is a case of knowing when the plant needs it, not necessarily at 'sunlight'. if the soil is dry a few cm’s below the surface then it could probably do with a water.

- The are several ways to tell the sex of a plant. One is to wait for pre flowers during the vegetative stage, the other is to look for the flowers when the plant is budding. Search for 'male', 'female', 'sexing' on this site for more info.

- Depending where you are, you may have juuuuust enough time for you plant to grow a little (outdoors) and produce a bit of bud.

- Flowering time is largely dependant on strain.

- It is almost as simple as planting seeds in soil and waiting a bit :applause:

Feel free to ask any more questions and keep reading stuff on this site - it's one of the most valuable resources you will find!

Edited by flipster

Guest bradwazere

Thanks alot for that man , really appriecate that.

Ill leave it as it, natural soil , does have some chemicals in it BTW

but other then that, ill water it when it needs it and see how some natural shit smokes.

peace