vote 4 HEMP in the SA election - do not vote green

Hi all,

HEMP are running in the upperhouse in the SA election and the candidate is Lisa Crago.

The updated site is http://hemp.on.net HEMP HELP LINE 0439 800 891

Lisa is a 30ish with a degree in political science from Flinders Uni, a parent, not your average 'stoner' and currently completin a Law Degree.

With a very short lead in time the campaign has had a jump start thanks to the hard line policiy of Liberal, Family First, No Drugs plus the Greens in SA dumping its legalisation policy.

As a past Federal campaign manager for the Greens Lisa is no stranger to politics. She is also aware of the 'greenwash' of the SA Greens still pretending to advocate for regulated use when they have indeed changed their policy to protect themselves from attack.

The Greens in SA have also preferenced Laury Bais "Independent No Drugs" above HEMP.

Hemp preferences are available thru a link on the web site.

HEMP have a rally planned for this friday 17 March at 5 pm on the steps of parliament.

please contact us and get involved.

HEMP NEEDS U

It is a serious question that you need to answer if you are genuine about fielding candidates in an election, you have only referred to one policy up to now. I will also let you know that I am a supporter of the Greens as are a few other members here, show us how your policies are better and you could gain a few votes.

:xcited:

If you ask me it looks like the greens are ust concentrating on less important matters :xcited:

Media Release

Thursday 9th March 2006

HEMP threatened by the Greens?

Yesterday HEMP held a stall at Flinders University and was threatened with legal action over some of its election material.

The Green's president Kevin Felin rang a stall helper and said they where taking legal action against us if HEMP did not take down a banner. The banner said ‘our future, vote for the green’.

“Apparently the Greens took issue with the use of the word ‘green.' The banner was a gift to a past students club at Flinders University, it came from NSW , it has nothing to do with the SA Greens." HEMP MLC candidate Lisa Crago said. "This minor party does not own the word or colour green and HEMP will not be intimidated by threatening phone calls.” She added.

“Preferences are what are really at the heart of this issue. The Greens nationally have backflipped on their drugs policy and put cannabis in the same basket as other drugs. The SA Greens do not have a State policy, the Democrats do, so we have preferenced Kate Reynolds.” She concluded.

All complaints regarding election material or other disputes are to be handled by the State Electoral Office (SEO) in line with the Electoral Act. Today HEMP will be reporting the Greens behaviour to the SEO so that they may campaign in peace.

For more information contact ( info widthheld )

hempsa@gmail.com

www.hempsa.on.net

MEDIA RELEASE

Saturday 4th March 2006

Do Not Burn This Flag!

HEMP MLC candidate Lisa Crago and the True Green 4 Mitchell candidate Travis Gilbert will go to Flinders University campus tomorrow to unveil the HEMP Republic Flag.

“Unlike other flags, this flag is not for burning and we will not be selling flag burning kits. HEMP has taken the initiative to launch its own flag, one we are proud of.” People were complaining last week about the Resistance group selling flag burning kits. Many condemned the flag burning as a negative response and called for more constructive action. Well, HEMP has answered these calls,” states Lisa Crago.

The HEMP Republic Flag will be raised in the Plaza of Flinders University where HEMP are having a gala day and stall to launch the FU-HEMP club from 10 am until 2 pm.

“Come along, salute the flag and join the HEMP army,” Lisa added. “We must send a strong message to the politicians this election; we smoke and we vote.”

Guest niall

Thanks for the info Lisa, I guess it's just a bit late in coming but it's great to hear that HEMP SA are back in the game.

However, while I haven't had much involvement with the SA Greens yet, as a WA Greens member I'm getting very involved in crafting and defending their drug policies. At the Federal level, yes Bob Brown is engineering some eyebrow-raising changes, and they're no longer publicly recommending cannabis and ecstasy to be made available at certain venues, but they have admitted that this is a grab for votes plain and simple. Their policies have not significantly changed, and they have stuck to their guns by advocating illicit drugs be dealt with in a health and social framework, commercial illicit possession and supply to remain criminal (I agree - this is how tobacco and alcohol regulations work, you need a licence), and they publicly support medicinal cannabis.

However the Australian Greens and the SA Greens do not appear to be anti-cannabis, nor have they ruled out regulating cannabis, they've simply changed the wording of their policy so as not to appear so controversial at election time.

The WA Greens and (from memory) the NSW Greens? strongly support the regulation of illicit drugs, the WA Greens explicitly support legalisation. These State parties follow the concepts of participatory democracy and social justice far more than the other States, so from a party structure point of view it's no surprise that their policies more accurately reflect the beliefs of their members - the other States seem to work like Liberal and Labor with leaders pushing their own agendas, factions and all that bullshit.

What I'm interested in is how a vote for HEMP SA, and the resulting preferences, will result in a better outcome for South Australian cannabis users and growers, than voting for the Greens. As a South Australian, and HEMP SA representative, you're undoubtedly in a much better position to comment on all of this than I am, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling and get more of our members involved in the political process. What do you recommend, and why?