ANTS!!!!!!

Are there any afids on the bud oniks? The ants can go up and eat the afid shit...

If it's just ants they aren't a problem, I'd leave them. If you want them dead nest kill works well. I used it on the ants that were coming in the kitchen here. It kills the queen so the colony dies apparently.

:thumbsup:

I had ants invading my pantry and was told that mint will keep them away so I grabbed a handfull that was growing wild outside and stuck it inside....the following summer they never returned.

But a few ants on your plants would do more good than bad as long as the're not the kind that cut up the leaves and scurry off with them. :thumbsup:

oniks ....i got ants crawling up and down the stem of one of my outdoor plants, in the soil aswell

What colour are the ants? The small black ones will cart away your medium as the dig burrows in your pot. I guess they like the nutes.

I prefer to rid them (small pestsy ants) using a "mote" (water in a tray). Another good product is called "Ant Rid" and is used in small amonts of liquid drops which the ants on contact carry back to the nest and solve them perminantly at the source.

Good Luck oniks :thumbsup:

Is there any sign of a white cottonwooly stuff around the roots or on the plant?If so this is mealy-bug which the ants actually farm their secretions. As they suck the sap from the plant they are to be eliminated and the ants will leave. I found them very hard to eliminate without chemicals (Rogor a systemic will do the trick) but have heard that soaking in a Morning Fresh dishwashing detergent; this is also a mild wetting agent ; gets most of them.

:thumbsup: