They could be ok but i wont buy anything from there, as on both times i have something has gone wrong like the 1st time done a little bit of food shoping there went home cookep up some pies and was sick as a dog for 3 days, a few years latter i got a video capture card for my pc from there and it it shit it self and stuffed my mother board so i wont trust any of there shit againe... Edited by ozmade

Hey dudes.

A timer is just a switch right. So the more you turn a switch on and off, the more it is likely to wear. The cheaper it is...

To work out how much load in amps is on that switch, just add up all the wattage and divide that number, by the supply voltage 240V.

So say 2, 1000w lights plus a 400w fan = 2400w

and so divided by 240v = 10 amps

The 10A timer would be too small for this job as it would be fully loaded all the time.

Your lights need a minimum of 10amps rating. Prefortably you should aim to get one rated at 15amps+

Hmmm, people have told me you should never run higher amp stuff on a lower amp circuit. Is this true? Also, even large wattage light ballasts don't draw over 10Amps. I think as long as you don't overload the circuit or power point you should be fine...

But, I have known to be wrong :thumbsup:

bunnings sells a heavy duty dial timer for $10 or u can buy the HPM digital timer for $20-$30 i paid $30 from hardware house im running around 1200watts off my timer its been working great only bad thing about digital timeres is u need an IQ of 160+ to set the friggin things!

Grrrr at those HPM digital timers. The two I have are moving a second or so apart every day. I'm not sure if one is slower or if the other is faster.

Not an overly big deal, it just makes me wonder about the quality of the other internal components if they can't even keep the friggin' time.