organic but duno how to get rid of caterpillas

hey guys

i have visited my plants today and have found they are very healthy and growing nicely except they have a few holes on the leaf about 2mm wide and i no its 2 big to be spider mite so i think it might be caterpillas. i have an all purpose bug spray bug am trying to do it organically so am unsure wat to do to sort out the problem. also i have been growing these wr and bg's for about 6-7 weeks now and they are doing fairly well but i am unsure as to what will happen to them as its 4th of march now so i would like sum1 to tell me wether they will start flowering now or grow over winter and flower next year. any advice would be grately appreciated

peace tokertom06

Give this a try: - home made white oil or better still this for a garlic spray:

White oil recipe

Mix together 1 cup (250ml) of cooking oil, 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid and 1½ cups (375ml) of water. Dilute this mixture at a rate of 6 teaspoons (30ml) per litre of water for spraying.

If you use this white oil on orchids or ferns dilute the spray to 3/4 strength and do not spray when the temperature is above 25°C.

Take care, too much milk in the mixture can promote sooty mould

Garlic Spray - Do It Yourself Pest control

Saturday, 15 February 2003

Three large cloves of crushed garlic

1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

One teaspoon of liquid soap

One litre of water

Combine the garlic and vegetable oil and leave to soak overnight. Strain and add to the litre of water along with the liquid soap. Spray regularly. Garlic in known for its antifungal and antibacterial properties, but it is its insect repellent qualities that most gardeners admire.

Prevention is much better and easier than a cure

Mist at light out.

be green tokertom :whistle:

thanx dude. great help, i have sprayed em now and am waitin to see if its working. i have four in some bigger pots but i am unsure as to the flowering stage over here and how to transport large pots to the site. if someone could help me out by telling me what would most likely happen to the plants because i have heard from sum that it wont flower until next year but others say that it will start now so help would be grately appreciated.

thanx peace

tokertom06

It's not easy being green, but if you want to go that way, look for something that kills grubs, specoifically.

At the harvest time of year, Heliothos grub is the common grub htat'll give u the ytrouble. The buggers actually burrow up the inside the stem, and when they get cose to the nd, they chop of the end.

If you're growing anywhere round acorn or beans (soy) you'll have even wos a problem, because the grubs turn to moths of course, fly up into the tree tops, flutter down on ya plans and go about it all over again.

I personally gave up being green, and went with poisons, too much time, money and work involved to be throwing away like that.

cheers

rob

what nitram said.... the only thing with a garlic spray is it WILL wash off with a good rain and needs to re-applied... not that much of an issue.. is it??

once the caterpillers taste that they will move on....a little soap will help it stick and survive the rain a little better.... when you spray can I suggest a little worm liquid too...... wouldnt hurt.... which ever way you go....