Do you set your Veg for 24/0 or 18/6

hi all

i run 18/6 in summer mainly to give the room a chance to cool down. i have lights off from 12pm to 6 pm when its the hottest outside.

BUT in the winter i used to always go 24/0 and they did veg quicker - until i found that IMHO they look healthier at 18/6 - they were more prone to diseases at 24/0. perhaps they stress without sleep!

now i prefer 18/6 a few days more veg but healthier beasts

maybe if you had aircon and c02 you could just go 24/0 and that would be fine.

Hi

I like 22hrs veg and start mother to clone to transplant and veg at 22 , because I move plants outside too flower I want a substantial jump in time difference to trigger flowering fully , sometimes if veged on 18 and put out in december they will preflower instead of kicking right into flower like coming from 22 , works for me .

Difference in the clone veged on 22 was hardly noticable , I was more into tampering with the plants internal clock than anything else .

Rod

It is a fact that the plants need a little rest , the science of it is , is that there is a hormone that exists in cannabis that is mroe active in the folliage during the day , and more active in the roots durign the dark periods ,

yes you can get slightly larger plants buy goign for a 24 hour cycle , but if you simply add a weeks veg you run the same amount of overall light

imo you should definaly give the plants a few hours sleep , they like it and they will not stress as easly

It is a fact that the plants need a little rest , the science of it is , is that there is a hormone that exists in cannabis that is mroe active in the folliage during the day , and more active in the roots durign the dark periods ,

yes you can get slightly larger plants buy goign for a 24 hour cycle , but if you simply add a weeks veg you run the same amount of overall light

imo you should definaly give the plants a few hours sleep , they like it and they will not stress as easly

Listen to Pure :D

24/0 or 18/6 are "growers preference", many people don't like to change their style of growing, my personal take is do what works for you - but Pure gave you the factual reasons why 18/6 is better for the plants health itself.

I run 18/6 personally.