An orchid I recently bloomed....

hey luke,

hmm i see wat you mean you ahve a nice big list ;) and i bet theres still many more corect??

yer thats another orchid that i would love to keep forgot st name also know as vanila orchid ;) i would love some of this i JUST LOVE the smell of vanilla its the best i could just see the plant in my room and me sitting in bed stoned sniffing away :thumbsup

any idea of were to obtaion this ??

do you have any kinds of vandas??

peace

I have an Ascocentrum curvifolium var luteum actually, (just a baby though, not a commonly owned form of this plant) and a couple of Sarcochilus, but that's about it for the vandaceous group... oh, whoops, forgot a couple of Phalaenopsis I grow as house plants... hee hee... We're a lot cooler down here than you lot up in QLD. ;)

The vanilla you're thinking of is Vanilla planifolia. You can get cuttings from Easy orchids I think, and there are usually a couple on ebay. Try contacting a few of the local societies, they'll definitely point you in the right direction. You'd be in pretty good country for growing vanilla, if it was protected in winter.

hey luke,

thought i would come by and say HEY ;)

hows it going?? any new plants to the collection??

my collections has gone down a cfew aye ;) some died some have just gone with no sign of them anywere**iam thinking they were stolein :) **

anyways kinda in a rush tongiht so ill post away another time :thumbsup:

cheers luke