Nutes for succulents

Hi aqua, Me too mainl cacti dont know names but they old style from my grannies old house all fully grown but small and deadly still picking spines out of fingers after i dropped a clay pot to repropergate into hundreds. I asksd a simular Q at local plant farm recently after i turned all the alovera and some or tha smaller carpet type yellow they need nutes but not as often and like about 1/5 strenght i have a no name bottle from shop it has seaeed extract in there can smell it ithink most of the big companys (yates)( do a cacti nute but they are all different some like a bit of water some hate it . Expanded clay in pots with river sand and just a bit of coco to bind is what ive beeen potting small snap offs with.

I have loads of succulents and cacti, including 2 small san pedro. What do they eat they boom in potting mix but don't respond to ferts that veggies and trees like.

cacti respond MUCH better to slow release ferts/ trace elemets in the medium and proper light/shade conditions

they do respond top feedings of nutrients aswell but it is a good idea to start off with a bit in the soil as this will be the primary food source for it , you should give a good nutrient feeding the first week of the spring , which will help it kick off the growing season, then give it a nutrient feeding once a month at the most , however water normally inbetween, pedro's in particular can be watered every week or so , providing your not drentching them and they are dryign out inbetween , the rule of thumb on watering a cactus is that you let it dry out completely for a few days before you water it again , do that and you won't over water your cactus ever ( least I dunno someone who has when following it ) , in winter they don't need to feed as if they are outdoors they go dormant ,

as for what I use to feed them , I weakn the res run of from my plants and feed them with that ( BE VERY CAREFYLL OF OVER FRERTING )

thanks Pure no pedro here just some house plants, slow release ok i did not think of that i keep them in small terrecotta pots would water twice aweek . Yellowing is this a sign of over ferting or under i have some cacti to high up that have not been watered this summer . Ty res water ok i have noticed some cacti growing in a gutter no soil growing in the corners . How long does a pedro take to full mature as am looking for another hobby speciall after blowing the engine in my can yesterday not even hurting it.

I am so new I've lost a few of my posts... But I was asking the same question since I have seed on the way.

The special soil that I use for my aloe and other cactus says it's bone meal they like. And the aloe simply adores the stuff. Hope that helps.