Give us your thughts and a neat course of action?

Hi people, I was checking in on my clones for my next grow and noticed that they are getting less light now and has put them on the edge of flowering.

.post-5398-1140342811_thumb.jpg

I started taking them into the flowering room with the 400w HPS. I then take them ouside for a feed and set them up to sun till the sunset then up to the room indoors under the light.

.post-5398-1140342439_thumb.jpg

Nitrogen is the most mobile element. Plants suffering from this deficiency are distinct in their pattern of yellowing.

Yellowing - it's purpleish colour. Or is it purple before yellowing ?

Yellowing starts on the older leaves and progresses upward, leaving the top parts of the plant green.

Yep ! but this leaf is on a mid section 3th healthy green growth eith side.

Notice that the large fan leaves are yellowing and turning purple-ish from the bottom up.

The purple-ish I can relate to. The bottom up - no see avove.

Feeding with a high N fert will clear it up, like an emulsion of fish at 5-1-1. [Editor’s note: Leaves will turn pale green, then yellow evenly.

There are no intervenial striping or yellow patches.

Too right. I checked for vien irregularities and you can't see any distribution problems in the viens.

Color is uniform over the entire leaf.

Uinform purple v's uniform green.

Yellowing is expected during flushing, as the plant is using up all available internal nutrients

But I'm not flushing. So am I to expect the yellowing to occur following the purpleing ?

What shoukld my care plan be ?

well to me it looks like they are well into flower so if you wanna stop that, you are going to have to increase the amount of light they recieve + cutting off the buds that are already going will help a bit too :)

what medium are they in and whats the pH of the water you are giving them? imo the problem is most likely due to a pH lockout, but since i dont know that much about your system, i cant tell for certain sorry :(

Yea, there just trigered flowering in the last 14 days.

if you wanna stop that, you are going to have to increase the amount of light they recieve + cutting off the buds that are already going will help a bit too

The light is easy to fix. This is based on the plant beign trigered. The ripping off of some early bud formation ......... :scratchin I don't think so I have 10 dor so days to hang for my room to be spare. Then they can be slipped in - bobs ya uncle.

what medium are they in
100% Coco.

and whats the pH of the water you are giving them?

Feed watwer mix is a guess as I have been flying blind. PH meter has replacement parts but the particular board part I need is unavailiable. & mpw thhe Hydro Gizza tossed it away :) :(

imo the problem is most likely due to a pH lockout, but since i dont know that much about your system, i cant tell for certain sorry

System is hand water, coco medium, Canna Coco A & B nutes. Plants are 12" in 7"x7"x9" square pots.

So you think 'lock out' due to PH. Is this purple phenominia related to nute lock out and N deficiency?

There is no yellowing. doswe this happen later after is has truned purple? :whistling

.:yingyang

im pretty sure the purple comes from a potassium def. but it could also phosphorus def. i forget which causes the problem sorry :(

coco is alot like soil when it comes to pH, you should aim for around 6.2-6.5 for the best results :smoke

if they were my plants and i wanted to revege them, i would give them the flushing of their life and then give half strength nutes and increase the amount of light :)

feed them coco is known for this you must keep up regular feeds in coco it is used fast if handd watering feed every second day ph should be set at same time. this is what your plants should look like at the end of there life or flush hit them with a medium nute mix of 2.6 and they will be green in no time.

Thanks people, Most pople are saying to tighten up the PH.

I will try to purchaser one of the Hanna throw-away PH meters on Thursday this week. I have not been regular on the 2nd daily water as hey have been outside awaiting room in my flowering space.

w ... im pretty sure the purple comes from a potassium def. but it could also phosphorus def. i forget which causes the problem sorry

It's the purplining wich is distinguishing the cause from my original thought on reaqding the 'Problems & deficiency' info.

Only problem I have now is that of do I feed or flush !

wantdachronic - ph control/check & reveg - reveg would be a waste of time as room is vacent in 10 days time.

Gazza2001au - PH control, flush with no feed and resume @1/2 strenth.

Frazzle - PH, and paper test kit (the paper test kits are shit)

thc24 - keep up regular feeds in coco it is used fast if hand watering feed every second day ph should be set at same time. this is what your plants should look like at the end of there life or flush hit them with a medium nute mix of 2.6 and they will be green in no time
. :scratchin

The problem here is if it is miss- diagnosis then an increased feed to EC =2.6 would be disarsterous if it is not "N" deficiency (ie is 'lock out').

Of these options, I would most likely go for the PH checking/adustment solution while just a quick flush followed by 1/2 streanth nutes. If the problem prsists, and they don't improve or green up and will turn yellow & starve to death.

The problem is that this purpleing is specific to a particular nute deficiency due to 'absents' or a 'lock out' and like wantdachronic I cant remember which.

I'll let you know what happen in the next 4 days or so. Thanks for your imput fellow growers. :thumbsup

ph is not as important nutes first if you get good ones they have ph ajusting if mixed at full rate with tap water . your plants are going to get worse before they get better ph is used to dial in the abbility of the plant to use nutes so ph is a bit pointless if your not using nutes . there are 1 parts out there but dont ph ajust a 2 part should ph ajust and for less than $20 a good investment.

Just had a mate with yellow plants ask the same Q gave him some old nutes and two days later green as ever coco is a good medium but would be great if ther was a little food in there to keep them going for the hand wateres.

if you want any q answered feel free to pm me this is a problem i know all to well to over come i feed with nutes a few times each day but only moist not soaked. for you plants to be that pale you are not feeding enough dont go 2.6 straight away start at 2.0 two days later 2.2 if not getting better ther is no need goimg higher, in my system i run at 2.8 to 3.0 max unset of flower but start at 1.8 if i leave the nutes at this level they will yellow . If you get burning dont flush all the nutes out just lower next feed burning doesnot happen over night it has to build up over a week its noticable salt on top of coco on drippers. feed them now at 2.2 /2.4 and tomarrow and see how it goes if its is lack of nutes you will get them back straight away a day or two . I have never seen ph do this maby spots, rust, curling or mutant but not pale/.

The reason some get lock out is that they were not feeding enough regularly enough. but up and down ph im sure does cause some wierd shite.

My ph meter is a bit of a waste of money it was the first thing i bought get ec first , i only use the meter once aweek to fine tune and then its not that good compared to a friends Bluelab Ph ,ec cf tester that monitors all day ever day showing spikes and can have a doser conected later

Edited by thc24

coco actually holds a fair amount of nutrients and a weekly feed is all it usually needs. you still have to water every couple of days with plain water, but from all the coco grows i have done, a weekly feeding is all that is required :)

also, if you have locked out nurtrients due to a pH problem, feeding them more nutes would more than likely make the problem worse because specific nutrients wont be able to be absorbed into the plant and will remain in the coco :thumbdown you'd be far better off flushing the plants and then starting the plants on 1/2 strength nutes and then gradually increasing the dose as time goes by....