seed life

this question is completely hypothetical:

lets say i bought some pot seeds from an online seed bank (i live in america, by the way) and had them deliver the seeds to a p.o. box (post office box) and let them sit there for a while. how much time would i have? it is 9 degrees f. here so it will probably be between 70 and 80 indoors. very low humidity in my state.

edit: i just read the "safe seeds" post and i have already planned for actually getting the p.o. box.

Edited by ftwltmdi420

So the fridge is the best way to store seeds then? I wasnt sure where to put mine, they are just in an airtight container on a shelf :unsure:

the main things to aim for when storing seeds are keeping them out of light, heat, air and water...the best place for that from my experiences and studying is in an airtight container in the fridge :smoke

Once, I put my seeds into the fridge and it put them into a dormant mode. After planting I left them in the grow wool and forgot about them and planted another bunch 'cause I thought they weren't going to come up. But, weeks later, to my surprise, a few of them then decided to come up. I guess the seeds in Australia are acclimatised to a higher room temperature. Now, I mostly keep my seeds at room temperature with maybe a few in fridge and/or freezer only for backup. Edited by Pa-uul

seeds can take upto 3 weeks to sprout, its rare that they take that long, but it does happen :)

generally speaking, the longer the seeds are stored, the longer they'll take to sprout and you'll get less sprouts as time goes by...i forget the average rates as which this happens, but it was mentioned in this ed rosenthal book i used to have before it got stolen :thumbdown

rippers have screwed me over for years :thumbdown i think in total i would be looking at having lost around 150 plants, lost like 20 different high end strains, lost heaps of grow books and movies, etc. its never ending :(

but i gotta admit i have had no problems since moving out of that ghetto shit hole of a place and since the only pot smoker other than my mrs that i still associate with is my dealer who i rarely even see these days, i dont have anything to worry about :smoke when i dosee my dealer, i say hi, i want a 20,50, what ever im after, give her the money, say thanks and cya later :( i reckon i have a longer conversation when getting served at maccas ::):