ph....

Guest SOMEONE

Guest SOMEONE

dwc???? what is the best ph to run a dwc at during all cycles???

dwc is something i want to try the only thing that throws me off is, the ph levels, the monitoring and maintaining side of things.. is the ph diff durin seedling stage to vege and then again in bloom,do you have to set it at another level in each stage..

in another system i set it at 6.1 at 9am,check it at 530pm an d its no where near 6.1 but then i can check it at 9am and perfect 6.1.. i understand this has something to do wih medium, withdwc, having no contact with medium does the ph remain level??.

please help me under stand this ph prob..take care

peace out someone.............

ok,

its my understanding.. and I could be totally wrong about this... that plants will take different nutes at different parts of the day.

my theory....

I think the reason why the ph fluxuates through out the day is just so the plant can take up the different nutrients at different parts of their 24 hour cycle....

http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...e=post&id=12040

these charts show the ph range where each nutrient the plant takes up.

ive done these tests years ago ,

here is the easiest way to get the drift..

check the nute levels and the PH levels just b4 every feed and write them down... dont adjust anything....

start at the feeding just b4 the light comes on, write it down... PH + nutes and you will notice both levels should even out over the 24hr cycle

if the nute levels are low just top them up.... usually if the ph is reading different its time for a flush...

just a note: I dont really know how accurate these charts are... they are supposed to show the nutirent availablity at various PH ranges....but I dot get why there whould be a difference between soil and hydro... Ive been told that 6.3 is optimal for MJ... dirt or hydro I cant see why there would be a difference???? even if they are inaccurate you can still get the idea....

Edited by SukonmiSkunk

Guest SOMEONE
cheers thankyou for that.. my nutrients say 5.6 hydro and 6.3 soil. i have found around 6.0-6.2 provides the least dramas..the 5.6 spins me out my nutes are mj specific..i think i will go with dwc and any dramas i come across i will post..thanks again greatly appreciatted take care peace out.... someone... :whistling

what is the best ph to run a dwc at during all cycles

I am of the view that different strains like different PH levels which is also what I have seen with nutes. Some are more tollerant than others and tollerate what I consider the lower end of a PH range.

From memory, :unsure: and from reading many 1,000's of posts :unsure: , Plants grow best in a range of Ph from 5.8 to 6.2. I beieve that when in veg ti is the lower end is prefortable (ie PH 5.8 lower end) & when in flower 6.2 is prefered.

I first came across this chart a while back - If you look at it is shows all nutes are availiable at no particular PH. But if you use a lower PH during Veg cycle and a higher in the flowering cycle your literally changing the 'availiable' nutes for uptake according to your plants needs.

More importantly in flower are the macro nutrients

Macro are N/P/K - which are 'imobile' - Micro include boron, iron, zinc etc. which are mobile and you plant needs for these are reduced at particular plant cycles. :smoke

I am of the view that different strains like different PH levels which is also what I have seen with nutes.  Some are more tollerant than others and tollerate what I consider the lower end of a PH range.

From memory, :)  and from reading many 1,000's of posts :( , Plants grow best in a range of Ph from 5.8 to 6.2.  I beieve that when in veg ti is the lower end is prefortable (ie PH 5.8 lower end) & when in flower 6.2 is prefered.

I first came across this chart a while back - If you look at it is shows all nutes are availiable at no particular PH.  But if you use a lower PH during Veg cycle and a higher in the flowering cycle your literally changing the 'availiable' nutes for uptake according to your plants needs.

More importantly in flower are the macro nutrients

Macro are N/P/K - which are 'imobile' - Micro include boron, iron, zinc etc. which are mobile and you plant needs for these are reduced at particular plant cycles. :smoke

what a great reply :scratchin

that's it in a nutshell ... only thing i do different is to bubble any water prior to use , set ph , bubble again ... add nutes , bubble 24 hours ..... set ph .... use

ev :smoke

but I dot get why there whould be a difference between soil and hydro

because in soil you're relying on microflora to make nutrients available to plants, whereas in hydroponics you're dealing with the ionic salts which are most available in a slightly different range.

Bottom line, keep pH around 6 and you'll do okay. I prefer things a little lower myself but yeah, some strains are different than others. Experiment and trial is the answer.

Some advocate different pH levels in veg and bloom, and there's something to this. But in the end the difference is marginal (although in reality the diference between 5.5 and 6.0 is quite a bit in acidic concentration terms) so you could safely keep thingsin-between 5.5-6.2 and be happy. Above 6.5 and you're going to have trouble with iron and other micronutrients becoming unavailable unless you use a nutrient with certain iron chelates other than Iron EDTA. Below 5.5 and you'll have problems with some of the macronutrients.